+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply for Ontario after EOI : Education history? Work history?

dooneen

May 23, 2019
Hi,

I am requesting help concerning how to fill the online application after receiving the EOI from Ontario under the French speaking stream.

In Ontario's online application platform, there are subsections of "Education history" and "Work histoty".
And here goes my question: I have a bachelor degree and a master degree, I only got the master degree evaluated by WES; moreover, I worked at two enterprises, one work experience got certificated by reference letter, but the other did not.

△ Most importantly, I DO NOT depend on the bachelor degree or the other work experience to claim any points, that is the reason why I did not get them certified.

In this situation, in Ontario's application plateform, should I put all the 2 degrees in the "Education history" OR just put one degree which is evaluated by WES?
should I also put the 2 enterprises in the "work history" OR just put 1 work experience which is certified by reference letter?

Thank you so much in advance for answer my questions ! This really confuses me and I cannot work it out without your experience.

Best wishes,

D.

Last edited:

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
Hi,

I am requesting help concerning how to fill the online application after receiving the EOI from Ontario under the French speaking stream.

In Ontario's online application platform, there are subsections of "Education history" and "Work histoty".
And here goes my question: I have a bachelor degree and a master degree, I only got the master degree evaluated by WES; moreover, I worked at two enterprises, one work experience got certificated by reference letter, but the other did not.

In this situation, in Ontario's application plateform, should I put all the 2 degrees in the "Education history" OR just put one degree which is evaluated by WES?
should I also put the 2 enterprises in the "work history" OR just put 1 work experience which is certified by reference letter?

Thank you so much in advance for answer my questions ! This really confuses me and I cannot work it out without your experience.

Best wishes,

D.
Education: You could list both. I believe you will be asked if you have done the WES evaluation for each. Just say NO to bachelors and YES to Masters (and then provide the details).

Work History is rather different. OINP asks you list ALL work experience in the last 10years, and also provide reference letters and other details. That means you do have to try and get the reference letter for your second work experience, if that job was within the last 10 years. If you can't get it, provide other proof (contract, pay slips, bank statements, etc), and include in a Letter of Explanation why you couldn't get a ref letter.

I found it challenging to get references for everywhere I worked in the past 10yrs, but eventually I did. It therefore meant I had all the documents required to quickly complete my PR application, after ITA.
Meilleurs voeux!

dooneen

May 23, 2019
Education: You could list both. I believe you will be asked if you have done the WES evaluation for each. Just say NO to bachelors and YES to Masters (and then provide the details).

Work History is rather different. OINP asks you list ALL work experience in the last 10years, and also provide reference letters and other details. That means you do have to try and get the reference letter for your second work experience, if that job was within the last 10 years. If you can't get it, provide other proof (contract, pay slips, bank statements, etc), and include in a Letter of Explanation why you couldn't get a ref letter.

I found it challenging to get references for everywhere I worked in the past 10yrs, but eventually I did. It therefore meant I had all the documents required to quickly complete my PR application, after ITA.
Meilleurs voeux!
Dear DanBhanu69,

Thank you very much for your answer!

Please, I still have two questions:

=>Should I list the bachelor degree WITHOUT any ECA certificate, even though I do not depend on it to claim any points?

=>Same question for UN-CERTIFIED work experience, I do not use that experience to get any points, should I also list it in the Work History section ? (I left the company for a couple of years, all the responsible personnel was changed and they refuse to give any certificate on this work experience :-( )

Please could you tell me your opinion, thank you very much in advance!

Cordiallement,

D.

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
Yes, list the Bachelors degree and choose NO ECA. It's not a problem at all.

Yes too for the work experience. If you have any evidence to prove that you made unsuccessful efforts to get a reference letter, include them. Like an email printout. Plus a letter of explanation, if necessary.
Then include payslips and other evidence.

dooneen

May 23, 2019
Yes, list the Bachelors degree and choose NO ECA. It's not a problem at all.

Yes too for the work experience. If you have any evidence to prove that you made unsuccessful efforts to get a reference letter, include them. Like an email printout. Plus a letter of explanation, if necessary.
Then include payslips and other evidence.
Dear DanBhanu69,

Thank you very much for your help and patience!

Wish you a nice weekend.

Cordialement,

D.