18-03-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
LANDED..........
02-11-2013
Hi there :)
An currently working in Calgary with an LMO valid till nov 2015 yet my Noc 1453 does not qualify me for CEC. I spoke with my HR and they agreed to apply for an LMIA as I hve been advised that this would required to change the Noc .
my question is : is it risky in case the LMIA gets rejected? I mean would this cancel my current LMO and I will be asked to leave canada? My employer would like to promote me as is am a bachelor and I speak Arabic French and English plus more than 5 years experience in the same company but my duties were different from the new role duties.
Please advise me .

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the LMIA application is refused, you can continue working on your existing work permit until its expiry. Applying for an LMIA has no impact on your work permit status.

Hoper72

Feb 11, 2013
DUBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
LANDED..........
02-11-2013
شكرًا أختي أميرة :)
I really appreciate your confirmation on this matter. The problem is that my employer needs to transfer to a new position and they said this will not be possible if we get a negative LMIA. I think I have to look for a new employer from now. My CV is not impressive: I was a high school teacher of English for 8 years in Algeria then I moved to Dubai where I got hired by a French international insurance company for 5 years after that I applied to move to the office of Calgary within the same company but as a TFW. I have been here since last November.
I speak Arabic, French and English. Not sure what are my chances now???? ??? ???
Sorry to bother you with my sad story and thank you again for your help.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you know, you need to get into a NOC 0, A or B job in order to immigrate through CEC. Moving to such a job often requires an LMIA. Perhaps you could look for jobs as a translator or language tutor? As one suggestion, I've heard that many public court systems need interpreters to provide assistance to people who don't speak English well enough.

If this doesn't work out, have you looked into Alberta's Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) to see if there are avenues for NOC C or D workers to be sponsored for immigration by their employers?

Hoper72

Feb 11, 2013
DUBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
LANDED..........
02-11-2013
Re: APPLY FOR LMIA WITH SAME EMPLOYER WHILE CURRENT LMO IS STILL VALID

Thank you again for taking time to read my post and suggest solutions.
I will try to find a job as a tutor or interpreter.
for PNP, to be eligible to apply with a NOC of C level it requires minimum 2 years of work experience in Canada and me I have less than one year.
I have found on CIC website that French speaking people can be hired without LMIA and spoke with my HR. They called CIC today and they got the confirmation that it is possible but they would need to deal with the Visa Office in Paris.
They are trying to figure it out.

Hopefully it will work :)