+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for IEC within Canada?

Riz184

Oct 15, 2014
Hi, just wondering if I can apply for a working visa through the IEC program from within Canada? I'm currently here on a visitors permit for up to 6 months.

Cheers

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
Riz184 said:
Hi, just wondering if I can apply for a working visa through the IEC program from within Canada? I'm currently here on a visitors permit for up to 6 months.

Cheers
Yes you can - you'll just need help from your friends/family back home when getting background checks done - but you can apply from outside your own country.

Riz184

Oct 15, 2014
britinvancouver said:
Yes you can - you'll just need help from your friends/family back home when getting background checks done - but you can apply from outside your own country.
Thanks, was just wondering if you could without having to leave Canada again. One of the questions on the applicant declaration and consent section, asks you to tick a check box stating that you have adequate health insurance before entering Canada. Unfortunately I didn't when I came over. But can obtain this now when already here. Thinking I might have to leave Canada to apply before re-entering again.

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
Riz184 said:
Thanks, was just wondering if you could without having to leave Canada again. One of the questions on the applicant declaration and consent section, asks you to tick a check box stating that you have adequate health insurance before entering Canada. Unfortunately I didn't when I came over. But can obtain this now when already here. Thinking I might have to leave Canada to apply before re-entering again.
You'll need to collect your visa at the border though.

Alex_Germany

Oct 30, 2014
Hey Riz, im in the same situation but stuck with stage 2: Filing with MyCIC- which IMM form did you have to fill out? IMM1295 or IMM5710?
Thank you.

Riz184

Oct 15, 2014
Alex_Germany said:
Hey Riz, im in the same situation but stuck with stage 2: Filing with MyCIC- which IMM form did you have to fill out? IMM1295 or IMM5710?
Thank you.
Hi Alex,

I filled out the IMM1295 Application for work permit made outside Canada. (Even though I'm currently here). Just sent it through so hoping to hear back soon.

Cheers

efra

Apr 23, 2015
Hello Riz! did you apply? how did it go?

I´m in the same situation, on a tourist visa here in canada, and about to submit the IMM1295 for my working holiday.
Could you PLEASE tell me what did you put in "country where applying"???
Cheers :)

7en

Apr 24, 2015
Would love to hear from Riz too! Did you get your Working holiday Visa? Do you have to cross the border.
efra said:
Hello Riz! did you apply? how did it go?

I´m in the same situation, on a tourist visa here in canada, and about to submit the IMM1295 for my working holiday.
Could you PLEASE tell me what did you put in "country where applying"???
Cheers :)
I did Canada. But I haven't heard anything back from the immigration.