+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for FSW while on implied status?

Sanctuaryu

Aug 20, 2014
Hi,

CIC has my work permit extension application which means I am working under implied status. I expect to receive ITA and to apply for FSW within a month.

If I manage to apply before CIC can decide on my extension application would I still be considered under implied status? I would rather not interrupt my work and leave the country while awaiting for PR.

Thank you,

audrey888

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sanctuaryu said:
Hi,

CIC has my work permit extension application which means I am working under implied status. I expect to receive ITA and to apply for FSW within a month.

If I manage to apply before CIC can decide on my extension application would I still be considered under implied status? I would rather not interrupt my work and leave the country while awaiting for PR.

Thank you,
It depends on the VO assessing your application. Mine got rejected when my WP expires after sending EE and applied under implied status. The officer mentioned that WP extension has been refused because of Lmia issue. Just make sure you didn't claim for the 600 points for Lmia other than that you'll be fine.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Sanctuaryu said:
A PR application has no bearing on a temporary work permit application that is in process.

Your TWP will be decided on the merits of the TWP application that you submitted. Assuming you are on implied status (You applied to extend before your old permit expired), then you will remain on implied status as long as you remain in Canada, until you get a response on your extension application. Submitting a PR application will not "extend" your implied status.

Sanctuaryu

Aug 20, 2014
Thank you Jes,

Am I right in thinking that in case my TFW extension application is rejected I will be allowed to apply for a Bridging WP on the grounds that my PR application is submitted? And this way remain in Canada

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Sanctuaryu said:
Thank you Jes,

Am I right in thinking that in case my TFW extension application is rejected I will be allowed to apply for a Bridging WP on the grounds that my PR application is submitted? And this way remain in Canada
You can't apply for BOWP if your current WP is expired. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Sanctuaryu said:
anarsoul is correct. Since you say you are on "implied status," that means your previous work permit has already expired. So you would not be eligible for a BOWP. Unfortunately, you cannot apply to "restore" along with a BOWP.