+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for CSQ - Lmia Exempt Permit Holder?

AurturoJane

Nov 6, 2020
Hi All,

I am new to all this so forgive me If I have some incorrect terminologies or info used here. I tried searching this forum and I couldn't get an answer to my question , so I am creating a new thread here to seek help from this experienced community.

I moved to Montreal in Feb 2020 on a closed employer work permit on NOC 2171 which is LMIA exempt and it's valid till Feb 2022 as of now. I habe the job offer number as well which was used to apply for work permit. I have overall 10 years of experience and I was working in the US for the last 5 years before moving here.

If I want to apply for CSQ under QSW program in pursuit of applying for PR later , I understand that I need to file an application for interest in Arrima portal once I have 6 months of experience to become eligible with 60 points(no french language skill based on my exp and education) , but since I am already working with my employer on LMIA exempt work permit how do I claim points for validated job offer to increase my points by 8 ? I understand that the requirememt to show recruitment efforts is waived but how do i get points for validated job offer if I am already working in Quebec on a permit which is > 1 year ? Do we still need to file and application to MIDI or I can show my work permit along with my internal company issued statement showing my job offer details which shows I am a permanent employee?

Also if getting the job offer validated is not possible is it sure shot that with 60 points and considering I am already working here I will get a CSQ?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi All,

I am new to all this so forgive me If I have some incorrect terminologies or info used here. I tried searching this forum and I couldn't get an answer to my question , so I am creating a new thread here to seek help from this experienced community.

I moved to Montreal in Feb 2020 on a closed employer work permit on NOC 2171 which is LMIA exempt and it's valid till Feb 2022 as of now. I habe the job offer number as well which was used to apply for work permit. I have overall 10 years of experience and I was working in the US for the last 5 years before moving here.

If I want to apply for CSQ under QSW program in pursuit of applying for PR later , I understand that I need to file an application for interest in Arrima portal once I have 6 months of experience to become eligible with 60 points(no french language skill based on my exp and education) , but since I am already working with my employer on LMIA exempt work permit how do I claim points for validated job offer to increase my points by 8 ? I understand that the requirememt to show recruitment efforts is waived but how do i get points for validated job offer if I am already working in Quebec on a permit which is > 1 year ? Do we still need to file and application to MIDI or I can show my work permit along with my internal company issued statement showing my job offer details which shows I am a permanent employee?

Also if getting the job offer validated is not possible is it sure shot that with 60 points and considering I am already working here I will get a CSQ?
VJO is a separate process and if you are LMIA exempt process is simple.
As of now, VJO guarantees sure shot invite in Arrima and points don't matter. Points come in picture in Mon Projet but if you are above threshold and/or in a job skill in demand in Quebec a csq is guaranteed.
All the best.