+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for citizenship outside Canada

abderhamoumi

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Hi everyone,

I sent my application last October but unfortunately it was returned to my Canadian address, now I’m outside the country can send the filled forms to my friend in Canada to forward my application to cic?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Can anyone advise on this please
Hi everyone,

I sent my application last October but unfortunately it was returned to my Canadian address, now I’m outside the country can send the filled forms to my friend in Canada to forward my application to cic?
Why not? THere is no rule that you should not apply. CIC just cares about the physical residency period within 5 years as qualification hence you dont need to be resident while applying.
Just send the package but with correct documents this time so that you dont lose more time.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
Hi everyone,

it doesn't matter, as long as you were all good during that 5 year period you mentioned in the form, you should be given citizenship

CitizenSoon

Sep 19, 2018
If you live in SK, I know two friends. Their files were put on hold because one filed a citizenship application while he was outside Canada and my second friend applied for PR card renewal while he was outside Canada then he arrived and waited so long to received his card but he got it atfer he emailed MP office. They contacted IRCC and he received his new PR card within one month.

CitizenSoon

Sep 19, 2018
I forgot to mention that the processing of my friend's citizenship application was resumed after his return within two or three months.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
If you live in SK, I know two friends. Their files were put on hold because one filed a citizenship application while he was outside Canada and my second friend applied for PR card renewal while he was outside Canada then he arrived and waited so long to received his card but he got it atfer he emailed MP office. They contacted IRCC and he received his new PR card within one month.
were their applications put on hold after officer found out they were outside of Canada?