+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for asylum

Oct 13, 2019
Hello There
My Name Is Ahmad Roien I am From Afghanistan, I came to Greece in 2016 alone, and I applied for asylum in Greece , later this year I engaged with a girl from my country that she was living with her mother and her cousin, they applied for asylum as well in Athens, we've guaranteed refugee status in 2018 , we got our resident permits for 3 years till 2021 , and our travel document which is valid till 2024, and right now we're living all together. as you know Greece's situation is getting worse than ever especially for refugees, I'm 22 years old and in 2018 when I've been a guaranteed refugee here I asked from asylum service to apply for family reunification, which my parents and my 2 siblings are living in Kabul Afghanistan now. they said yes I will be able to bring my parents and my siblings which are under 18. that was the best day of my life and I called my family in Kabul to let them know. then when I went to asylum service after one week to submit the request and fill the forms for my family. I already provided their passports, etc, application submitted successfully. they told me till next 6 Months they'll get in touch with me in order to give me an interview . so I waited 7 months nothing happened, I went to asylum service after 7 months (Febuary 2019) to ask them what happened , they confirmed that I won't be able to bring my family in Greece , I asked them why, but you told me before 6 months that yes I will be able . now after 7 months your saying no you can't, the lady which was around 60 years or something, she tried to shout on me that listen when I say no you can't, so you gotta deal with that, in the Greek language, as I speak almost fluent greek. I tried to calm down her and just to explain that its not a game its matter of live , but she kept insisting that no if somebody else told you that you can do it that was wrong maybe they're new employees and they don't have correct info regarding this case, after that day me and my family back in Kabul got disappointed that what we can do to bring them out of there, My dad is a doctor , my mom is working in accounting , but situation in Kabul is getting worse than ever, if there is a wedding people will die, if there is a prayer in mosque people will die, even Taliban attacked the hospital that my dad working right now, but thankfully got that he survived .
my question is here that I have a refugee resident permit in Greece with a travel document.
how I can travel to Canada to apply for asylum.

right now we decided to leave Greece and come to Canada.

as I have a lot of working experience in IT and Technology, in Afghanistan I was in charge of IT in American compound, Close to Kabul international airport. I've Worked with Americans for 3 years there and due to security reasons I've got there, I had to leave my country .... currently that we're staying in Athens, I've experience of working in IT and technology with different NGO, s, by the way, I was Interpreter for 3 Years in Athens as well for refugees and migrants . currently, I'm working with Teleperformance Greece, Customer Service for Apple, and I'd like to come to Canada and apply for asylum there, cuz with a lot of research I did regarding the policy of Canadian asylum. if they accept our application then I would be able to bring my family from Afghanistan. which is my biggest dream for the past 4 years . as they're in danger of life. in Kabul

just want to ask that with our greek resident permit and greek travel document (For Refugees)

would it be possible to apply for asylum in Canada and will I be able to bring my family from Afghanistan, if yes how we enter Canada by tourist visa or something else?

or there is another way we can live there. we can prove the reason why we want to leave Greece after 4 years.

Please I need your advise here its matter of my family's live-in Kabul . as its almost 4 years I didn't saw them

Your Advise would be appreciated

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
After reading your posting , you haven’t posted a reason you want to apply for asylum . That your life is in danger , or you are being persecuted. Only thing I can glean from all of it , is that you’re unhappy you can’t bring your extended family to Greece , which isn’t a reason to claim asylum

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
You’ve been granted refugee status in Greece so if you try to claim asylum in Canada, it will fail.

would suggest that you stop looking for refugee options and instead focus on using your skills to immigrate. Research about express entry and other economic programs. You stand a better chance. BUT...

Canada does NOT guarantee you can be reunited with your family. Your spouse and children should be fine but your parents and siblings? NO GUARANTEES. So if that is the reason you want to leave Greece then Canada is not right for you either.

Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
my question is here that I have a refugee resident permit in Greece with a travel document.
Short answer: You can’t. As you are already a recognized refugee you are no longer eligible to claim asylum in Canada. As stated by previous posters, your only option now is to apply to immigration through something like Express Entry or Provincial Nomination Program. The refugee route is now specifically closed to you (Canada just recently introduced laws that make you ineligible for refugee claims in Canada).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello There
My Name Is Ahmad Roien I am From Afghanistan, I came to Greece in 2016 alone, and I applied for asylum in Greece , later this year I engaged with a girl from my country that she was living with her mother and her cousin, they applied for asylum as well in Athens, we've guaranteed refugee status in 2018 , we got our resident permits for 3 years till 2021 , and our travel document which is valid till 2024, and right now we're living all together. as you know Greece's situation is getting worse than ever especially for refugees, I'm 22 years old and in 2018 when I've been a guaranteed refugee here I asked from asylum service to apply for family reunification, which my parents and my 2 siblings are living in Kabul Afghanistan now. they said yes I will be able to bring my parents and my siblings which are under 18. that was the best day of my life and I called my family in Kabul to let them know. then when I went to asylum service after one week to submit the request and fill the forms for my family. I already provided their passports, etc, application submitted successfully. they told me till next 6 Months they'll get in touch with me in order to give me an interview . so I waited 7 months nothing happened, I went to asylum service after 7 months (Febuary 2019) to ask them what happened , they confirmed that I won't be able to bring my family in Greece , I asked them why, but you told me before 6 months that yes I will be able . now after 7 months your saying no you can't, the lady which was around 60 years or something, she tried to shout on me that listen when I say no you can't, so you gotta deal with that, in the Greek language, as I speak almost fluent greek. I tried to calm down her and just to explain that its not a game its matter of live , but she kept insisting that no if somebody else told you that you can do it that was wrong maybe they're new employees and they don't have correct info regarding this case, after that day me and my family back in Kabul got disappointed that what we can do to bring them out of there, My dad is a doctor , my mom is working in accounting , but situation in Kabul is getting worse than ever, if there is a wedding people will die, if there is a prayer in mosque people will die, even Taliban attacked the hospital that my dad working right now, but thankfully got that he survived .

right now we decided to leave Greece and come to Canada.

as I have a lot of working experience in IT and Technology, in Afghanistan I was in charge of IT in American compound, Close to Kabul international airport. I've Worked with Americans for 3 years there and due to security reasons I've got there, I had to leave my country .... currently that we're staying in Athens, I've experience of working in IT and technology with different NGO, s, by the way, I was Interpreter for 3 Years in Athens as well for refugees and migrants . currently, I'm working with Teleperformance Greece, Customer Service for Apple, and I'd like to come to Canada and apply for asylum there, cuz with a lot of research I did regarding the policy of Canadian asylum. if they accept our application then I would be able to bring my family from Afghanistan. which is my biggest dream for the past 4 years . as they're in danger of life. in Kabul

just want to ask that with our greek resident permit and greek travel document (For Refugees)

would it be possible to apply for asylum in Canada and will I be able to bring my family from Afghanistan, if yes how we enter Canada by tourist visa or something else?

or there is another way we can live there. we can prove the reason why we want to leave Greece after 4 years.

Please I need your advise here its matter of my family's live-in Kabul . as its almost 4 years I didn't saw them

Your Advise would be appreciated
You cannot apply for asylum in Canada since you already have asylum status in Greece. You are not in need of protection.

If you wish to immigrate to Canada, you will have to qualify and apply through an economic immigration program like Express Entry based on your work experience, level of education, age, language abilities and other factors. You can read more about the Express Entry program here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

It will be at least three years after you arrive in Canada (possibly longer) before you will qualify to sponsor your parents. You will be able to include your siblings in the application to sponsor your parents if they are under 22 years old.

includeme_26

Sep 26, 2019
If a child was deported with his parents over 10 years ago and now wants to come back to Canada as an Asylum/Refugee, how can this be done? Or will he be rejected because of his parents mistakes?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If a child was deported with his parents over 10 years ago and now wants to come back to Canada as an Asylum/Refugee, how can this be done? Or will he be rejected because of his parents mistakes?
Based on your previous posts you are in Canada on a PGWP that is expiring soon. You need to give a full profile. You may have been out of your country for 5+ years which will be very problematic for an asylum claim

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If a child was deported, that child will need to apply for an ARC to return to Canada. If the ARC is approved, that child will then need to apply for a TRV to come to Canada. Whether the TRV is approved will depend on a number of factors including that child's ties to his home country, previous travel to countries requiring visas and funds available to pay for the trip to Canada. If IRCC suspects the child is applying for a TRV for the purposes of claiming asylum in Canada, the TRV will be refused.

Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
They will also have to reimburse IRCC/CBSA for the flight if the parents didn’t pay for it before IRCC will consider processing anything.
If they were previously deported for a failed refugee claim, they probably won’t be eligible a second time.

includeme_26

Sep 26, 2019
Based on your previous posts you are in Canada on a PGWP that is expiring soon. You need to give a full profile. You may have been out of your country for 5+ years which will be very problematic for an asylum claim
Thank you for your response! That is correct i am on a PGWP, the question was posed for someone else.

Jayakanthan A

Oct 26, 2019
Sir,My Name is Jayakanthan. I am a Srilankan Refugee staying in India.I am 19 yrs old .Sir my parents migrated from Srilanka to India in 1990 but still we are staying as a refugee here for long period of time .Our citizenship is totally denied .Sir apart from this the pity is I was born in India but i cannot claim basic right of ciitizenship here.Sir due to lack of citizenship our life is being a question mark. Because without citizenship we cannot apply for jobs where Indians are allowed. I cannot even buy a two wheeler of my own.I cannot file any petitions of my own to fight for my right.Sir here there is no educational help for us to pursue. Sir for example I had completed Diploma 3 years course i am more interested to do my higher studies canada but my parents are able to afford for my higher studies.because they are daily wages labors because without citizenship they cannot make employment opportunities. Sir I have made this post to say about my plight conditions here.Sir by seeing tell us that there is any such opportunities for us to claim that asylum in Canada .Please kindly Reply where there is any sought of any help. Thanking you Sir.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sir,My Name is Jayakanthan. I am a Srilankan Refugee staying in India.I am 19 yrs old .Sir my parents migrated from Srilanka to India in 1990 but still we are staying as a refugee here for long period of time .Our citizenship is totally denied .Sir apart from this the pity is I was born in India but i cannot claim basic right of ciitizenship here.Sir due to lack of citizenship our life is being a question mark. Because without citizenship we cannot apply for jobs where Indians are allowed. I cannot even buy a two wheeler of my own.I cannot file any petitions of my own to fight for my right.Sir here there is no educational help for us to pursue. Sir for example I had completed Diploma 3 years course i am more interested to do my higher studies canada but my parents are able to afford for my higher studies.because they are daily wages labors because without citizenship they cannot make employment opportunities. Sir I have made this post to say about my plight conditions here.Sir by seeing tell us that there is any such opportunities for us to claim that asylum in Canada .Please kindly Reply where there is any sought of any help. Thanking you Sir.
You would either need to visit Canada to apply for asylum or be referred by the UNHCR. There are very few referrals and it doesn’t seem like you would qualify for a study permit or visitor visa.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
As you have been, apparently safe, in India for 19 years, it's difficult to understand how an asylum claim in Canada could succeed. Economic/employment disadvantages are not going to be sufficient.

Last edited:
Reactions: canuck78

Jayakanthan A

Oct 26, 2019
As you have been, apparently safe, in India for 19 years, it's difficult to understand how an asylum claim in Canada could succeed. Economic/employment disadvantages are not going to be sufficient.
Sir , yes i am staying in India from my birth to till now for 19 years But till now i cannot applicable to get my basic and fundamental requirement of my birth citizenship here which means my next generation will also be a refugee even if they born in India .Sir without citizenship how can I make my life with assurance if this government of India say tomorrow i should to go to my home country what can i do i have to withdrawal my all education not able to complete my life will be a tailspin. Sir we are staying temporarily living Sir which means my life is a unstable one sir.our life may be apparently safe in your view sir but sir because of this i am suffering in my day today life. i am struggling to get an employment the company i walk in for interview i had qualified but finally they said you are a refugee so we cannot make sure that you will continue in our job .In spite of this my economical and employment will become doubt able one.Sir i am refugee even i born in India but sir my next generation should not be a refugee sir .Not only this I can say many reasons how my Economical And Employment is denied for me sir . Please sir kindly concern about this once again sir.

Jayakanthan A

Oct 26, 2019
You would either need to visit Canada to apply for asylum or be referred by the UNHCR. There are very few referrals and it doesn’t seem like you would qualify for a study permit or visitor visa.
Yes sir i want to be asylum sir because without citizenship passport is not provided for me. Because of these kind of issues i want to claim asylum sir