+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for an open work permit under a public policy (PGWP extension)

Rav@12

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
Anyone applied on January 31st with restoration??
Me and my friend both have applied that day and have heard nothing yet. Is this is a c oncern??? Please respond
@legalfalcon

jhunix

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Cebu
App. Filed.......
19-07-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi all,

Just want to say that there is always hope :) I had an 8-month PGWP and it expired last July 2020. I applied for work extension this March and here is my timeline below:

Date of application: March 15, 2021
Date Approved: March 25, 2021
Valid for 18 months

Documents submitted:
1. Letter of Explanation stating that you are applying for Open Work Permit under the Public Policy Facilitating the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Holder. The LOE was just plain and simple and just writing some of the details like your current legal status (either in Visitors record or work permit)
2. Passport Copy
3. Digital Photo
4. IRCC forms

Optional:
I had also attach my old PGWP and Visitors (record)

Hope this helps.

Good luck to you all.

Rina1021

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Hi I have close work permit right now w/ LMIA from my employer. I am a holder of PGWP expired last year December. Am I still eligible to apply for the PGWP extension under the new public policy (18months open work permit)? Any idea or have same situation here? Thank you.
Did you apply for PGWP? Have you been approved?

Calm123

Feb 5, 2021
Hi! I applied for Restoration and OWP/PGWP extension on Jan 27 under new public policy and was approved on Feb 22. I only received the approval letter, does anybody got the hard copy already? How many days til you received it? Also, can I start working while waiting for the hard copy?

Thanks in advance.
Please how do I apply for the restoration and OWP/PGWP. I’m bit confused. I just answers the questionnaire but I see no IMM form for restoration. What forms do I need to fill if I’m applying for both restoration and PGWP extension? Thanks a lot in advance

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Please how do I apply for the restoration and OWP/PGWP. I’m bit confused. I just answers the questionnaire but I see no IMM form for restoration. What forms do I need to fill if I’m applying for both restoration and PGWP extension? Thanks a lot in advance
The form to restore and apply for the work permit is in same

Reactions: Calm123

Jatt Saab

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
Not really, I went to India after applying and got married. Sent a webform to update status. Is that a complication?
You are not supposed to leave Canada once you file you application, also if u get refused you won't be able to apply again.Refer to the Point No. 2 of the Conditions for applying under the Public Policy:-
2. You were in Canada as of January 27, 2021, when the public policy took effect, and have stayed in Canada since then.

Reactions: CripplingYogi194

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not really, I went to India after applying and got married. Sent a webform to update status. Is that a complication?
If you left Canada, your application should be voided as you are to remain in Canada during processing. Do will you re-enter Canada? Do you have a TRV?