+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for a spouse visitor visa from the U.S.

juicydec

Jun 18, 2023
Hello everyone:

My wife and I are both from China; she will start pursuing graduate studies in Boston this September, while I will do my Ph.D. in Winnipeg this September. My wife applied for a visitor visa early this year in China (before she obtained her U.S. F-1 visa), but the application got rejected.

My wife plans to re-apply for a Canadian visitor visa from the U.S. later this year so she can visit me in Winnipeg during the holidays of this year; Our questions are:

1. How many months of bank statements should I provide to support my wife's visa application since I will pay for all the expenses that may occur in Canada? How many funds should I show the visa officer to prove I can fully sponsor my wife's travel?
2. If my wife needs to provide proof of financial support, what should she provide besides the bank statement? She will be a full-time graduate student and does not have a job.

Thank you very much to you guys in advance for answering my questions.

ashmaitsingh

Star Member
Apr 13, 2023
1. 3-4 months of bank statements
2. fudns depends on her duration of stay, they shud be enough to meet your expenses as well as hers which will include her air ticket, visa, food and stay in canada for the duration you choose ot apply for
3. wife can provide her bank statement if she has any savings or earnings from her part time job.

Reactions: juicydec

juicydec

Jun 18, 2023
1. 3-4 months of bank statements
2. fudns depends on her duration of stay, they shud be enough to meet your expenses as well as hers which will include her air ticket, visa, food and stay in canada for the duration you choose ot apply for
3. wife can provide her bank statement if she has any savings or earnings from her part time job.
Hi there, thank you for answering my questions about financial supporting documents. You mentioned that it would be better to provide three to four months of bank statements; if we both arrive in the U.S. and Canada in August, is it correct that my wife should wait until at least October or November to re-submit a visitor visa application?

ashmaitsingh

Star Member
Apr 13, 2023
Hi there, thank you for answering my questions about financial supporting documents. You mentioned that it would be better to provide three to four months of bank statements; if we both arrive in the U.S. and Canada in August, is it correct that my wife should wait until at least October or November to re-submit a visitor visa application?
you need last 3-4 months of bank statement from the date you are applying, if you have the required funds in ur bank accounts, you can apply