+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply canada visitor visa from USA

anuaro

Dec 16, 2014
Hi All,

I am here with my another query.
My mother would be flying to Usa on multiple visa and she has indian passport . We are planning to visit Canada from USA in july2016.

Now, what would work best if she applies canadian visitor visa from india or usa itself in july16? Since i do not have the fix dates for canada visit so I am not sure if i can apply for visitor visa from India.

Please Suggest!!!

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

The earliest your mom should apply for a TRV is 6 months from the planned date of entry. If your mom applies from the US then it may be difficult to prove her *strong ties to India* due to her temporary status in the US.

She has better chances of getting a TRV by proving she will leave Canada for either the US or India.... for example, her flight itinerary could be India>>US>>Canada>>US/India.

She must also prove other ties i.e. employment or business/property or land/good financial situation/previous travel history.

If your mom has visited the US in the last 10 years, she can apply for a TRV under the CAN+ program. This means faster processing and fewer documents (she will still have to prove that she will return to India)

Hope this helps

anuaro

Dec 16, 2014
Thanks Bryanna. That really helped.

My mother has visited USA and Canada(TRV) in past. She is planning to travel to canada in sept,16 which is more than 6 months from now so i won't be able to apply visa from india. I ll find out more details on Can+ program.
Any suggestions!!

Cheers!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You're welcome :)

CAN+ requires fewer documents (especially financial documents) + it is critical to show entry/exit stamps for visits to the US/Canada in the last 10 years. Regardless of CAN+, one must prove his/her strong ties to the home country.

It's the same TRV form. You must inform the CVAC staff (for paper applications)/state in the Cover Letter (for online applications) that your mom is applying under CAN+.

The decision to process a TRV under the CAN+ program is with the visa office.... hence, an application may/may not get processed as CAN+ but could be processed as a regular TRV instead

All the best