+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply Canada visitor visa for job offer from Bermuda

dinhtam92

Nov 22, 2017
Hi everyone,

I applied for visitor visa on Oct 31 and haven't heard anything back. I want to share my background with you all and hope to receive some feedbacks whether I would need a plan B.

I'm an international student in US under F1 visa. I have stayed in the US for 7 years, my US visa expired 6 years ago. I always maintain legal status (valid i-20, opt).

I failed h1b lottery and was forced to leave my job in US next year (Jan 30 2018). Luckily, I got a job offer from Bermuda member firm. In order to get to Bermuda, I need to obtain UK or Canada visa. I applied Canada visa because it's cheaper and lasts longer.

I submitted with the application 3 months of bank statements (fund: ~15k usd each), invitation letter from Bermuda, offer letter, a short explanation, and other forms.

I believe I have a clear background, financial support, and solid purpose of visit. I dont know why it takes so long to proceed. Does it mean that they will reject my application?

I plan to visit my home country on Dec 11. I don't think I will be able to complete visa stamping in the US. My head is spinning...

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Others can correct me, but with your current status in the US and your over stay, I’d be pretty confident your chances of a TRV are zero.

dinhtam92

Nov 22, 2017
Others can correct me, but with your current status in the US and your over stay, I’d be pretty confident your chances of a TRV are zero.
Thanks for your response.
My visa expires but I always maintain legal status (valid i-20 from school). We only get one year visa from the US, my friends typically overstayed and still successfully renew their US visa.