+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply as family or individual

manharnarang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Hi,
Me and my wife are ready to apply for Canadian citizenship. I see that there is now an option to apply online (as an individual only). Could the experts please help me with the pros and cons of applying individual (online) vs as a family (on paper)?

Your expert inputs/recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Hi,
Me and my wife are ready to apply for Canadian citizenship. I see that there is now an option to apply online (as an individual only). Could the experts please help me with the pros and cons of applying individual (online) vs as a family (on paper)?

Thanks in advance.
It's a personal choice. Do your research because both methods have pros and cons. Currently, there is no obvious advantage for online over paper IMO.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Even though online had been held hold for a while but now its picking up. As they have officially moved the online app from pilot to regular mode, it seems that online will pickup steam full fledged.

Applying separately has advantage of 50% chances that one application would get done fast(at the same time it has 50% disadvantage for one to get slowed).
If you are not in hurry for citizenship chances for the next 2 years then you can apply via paper or online and wont many any difference.