+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied visitor visa for my kid in April 2022

Apr 27, 2018
Hi Dear members,

My consultant applied for my kid's visitor visa on April 03, 2022, and the application was accepted. Since then till now there has been no update on it.

Is anyone facing the same issue? Any idea which time period applications are now being processed?

Background:
My wife and I got our work permits approved in July 2021. We are blessed with a baby boy later in December 2021 and applied for his visitor's visa in April 2022.

Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Dear members,

My consultant applied for my kid's visitor visa on April 03, 2022, and the application was accepted. Since then till now there has been no update on it.

Is anyone facing the same issue? Any idea which time period applications are now being processed?

Background:
My wife and I got our work permits approved in July 2021. We are blessed with a baby boy later in December 2021 and applied for his visitor's visa in April 2022.

Thanks.
Where are you from because processing averages are high - several months.

Apr 27, 2018
I am applying from India. Also, the application says "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility" - does this mean the application is still un-touched?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am applying from India. Also, the application says "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility" - does this mean the application is still un-touched?
It is not in the eligiblity review stage. Processing is on average at least 5 months.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can you explain more? What do you mean by "It is not in the eligiblity review stage"? Also, 5 months mean the timeline to receive the PPR?
5 months is the average processing times…average not when you will receive a response. The application has not been opened to see if your child is eligible and meets requirements for a visa.

Apr 27, 2018
5 months is the average processing times…average not when you will receive a response. The application has not been opened to see if your child is eligible and meets requirements for a visa.
Thank you! Its been more than 4 months since the application is submitted. So can I expect something this month? Any idea as to your experience? Also, how are you saying that the processing time is 5 months?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you! Its been more than 4 months since the application is submitted. So can I expect something this month? Any idea as to your experience? Also, how are you saying that the processing time is 5 months?
Google check processing IRCC and you can see the average processing times…not when it will be processed by.

Ridhan

Aug 30, 2022
Hi Dear members,

Background:

Thanks.
Any update till now ? Has the status changed to review yet ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Dear members,

Background:

Thanks.
What kind of WPs? Have you both been in Canada since the WP approvals? If they are closed WPs do you have proof that the job offers are still valid?

Ridhan

Aug 30, 2022
Hi Dear members,

Background:

Thanks.
We are facing the same issue … waiting for kids visitor visa approval but it’s showing in progress for last 5 months … applied in April