+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied under BC-PNP-Entrepreneur stream.

Jasdir

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Hi Jasdir,
Was following the post and I am really sorry to hear about what happened in your case! Can you please tell me under which stream of EI did you apply? (Base, Regional Pilot or Strategic)?
Base Category
Also, did you apply through an lawyer in India?
No lawyer. I lodged my application myself.
What are your next steps?
Only option left for me was "Federal Court of Canada" which was a quite lengthy and a very expansive process.
I really hope you find a way and share it with us.
I am a businessman who thinks a business plan to make profits. I don't think that going to "Federal Court of Canada" is profitable.
That is the only way I found till now :)

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Base Category

No lawyer. I lodged my application myself.

Only option left for me was "Federal Court of Canada" which was a quite lengthy and a very expansive process.

I am a businessman who thinks a business plan to make profits. I don't think that going to "Federal Court of Canada" is profitable.
That is the only way I found till now :)
I see.
But honestly, that is outrageous for someone in your situation. Have you asked PNP to reconsider or the visa office re consider? I think you mentioned in another post that you were waiting for GCMS notes right?

Jagdishkk

May 11, 2019
Hi,
I am also in same que.
@Jasdir What was the reason for refusal in gcms notes and did BC PNP reissued an new appointment date.
What is the current or final status of your process.

beenaya

Oct 7, 2019
Hi Friends,
I hear an information that: successful convering rate from Work permit to Nomination & PR after completing 2-year business in BC is low, just about 75% (sound lower than other Provinces in Canada)
If this is exact, it is so risky to apply BCPNP Entrepreneur program.
Anybody here is in the stage of doing business in BC/ get nomination/get PR through this program?
Please kindly share to all of us your experiece:
1/ How you manage your business in order to get nomination: investment ammount/ profit should have...?
2/ Something ,according to your experience lottery sambad today, may lead to fail nomination/ fail PR?
3/ How is your family life in BC?
Looking foward to the sharing of everyone!!
Kind regards,
Your registration is considered successfully submitted once you receive a confirmation of registration email that includes your BC PNP registration number

Jasdir

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Have you asked PNP to reconsider or the visa office re consider?
There was a PNP provision to go for "Request for Review" by paying another $200 fee within a certain deadline.

But, it was useless to go for "Request for Review" because they already gave me "IN-WRITTEN" that my application has been declined on the grounds of following: That I was unable to secure a visit visa for interview, from ircc. (The only one reason)

As far as, asking reconsideration to visa office.
Yes I did. But, NO response was given.

I think you mentioned in another post that you were waiting for GCMS notes right?
Yes I got my GCMS notes.

1st: Purpose of Visit. (In GCMS Notes it was written that.. purpose of visit was poorly documented in the application)

Loll, if that was the case ?
They should have asked me for more documents before refusing my application ?
Sounds like they are simply always in very very hurry to press the REFUSE button.

2nd: Family ties.
I was planning business in Canada, NOT sightseeing.. loll.
Of course I will take my family along with me.
Still I don't understand this point too.

3rd: Travel History.(NOT sufficient)
Regardless of I have good travel history.
But, still the question is.. that if one don't have a sufficient travel history He/she cannot go for Interview in Canada which is the part of PNP program, am surprised !

Last edited:

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Sorry, I don't quite understand your frustration. It clearly states that an in-person interview may be requested/required. And if you got the invitation then why did you not appear in Vancouver for the interview? Then you stated towards the end that you actually showed up but were not permitted to enter the building? That sounds like you are leaving some vital parts of the story out. Did you not bring all the required documents or identification? There is no way that someone just prevents you from entering the building. On what grounds? Care to share the whole story, including all the information?

Hello,
One and all.

I would like to inform that my visa to attend in-person interview for my BC-PNP-Entrepreneur application was refused by NDVO.

When I informed BC-PNP-Office about this, Next day I got a letter stating the decision that my application has been declined on the following grounds.

Grounds: Person's INABILITY to attend in-person Interview.

Is this my INABILITY ?
or my DISABILITY ?
or WHAT ? am not getting the right word for this situation.

I am very much disappointed at this stage, and why should I be NOT ?

Sounds like.. a security officer of the building, NOT permitted me inside, regardless of I am having an interview-letter, and the officer who is sitting inside the building simply just declined my application because of my INABILITY to attend an interview !!

I am very much disappointed at this stage, and why should I be NOT ?

Sincerely,
Jasdir.

Jasdir

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Sorry, I don't quite understand your frustration. It clearly states that an in-person interview may be requested/required. And if you got the invitation then why did you not appear in Vancouver for the interview? Then you stated towards the end that you actually showed up but were not permitted to enter the building? That sounds like you are leaving some vital parts of the story out. Did you not bring all the required documents or identification? There is no way that someone just prevents you from entering the building. On what grounds? Care to share the whole story, including all the information?
My visitor visa was refused. I was Not permitted to travel for the interview.

Hope you will understand now.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Yes I better understand now because you did not mention that earlier. So why was it refused? On what grounds? After all if you already are found ineligible to travel temporarily how do you expect to be able to get permanent clearance later?

My visitor visa was refused. I was Not permitted to travel for the interview.

Hope you will understand now.

Jasdir

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Yes I better understand now because you did not mention that earlier. So why was it refused? On what grounds?
I applied 2 times.

1st application was refused on just (1) one ground "Purpose of visit"

2nd application was refused on (3) grounds; Purpose of visit, Family ties & Travel history.

After all if you already are found ineligible to travel temporarily how do you expect to be able to get permanent clearance later?
If they would have granted me temporarily entry;
  1. I would have gone for an Interview.
  2. Signed performance agreement with PNP.
  3. Applied for a work permit.
  4. Submit my arrival report to PNP.
  5. Successfully be able to establish my business.
  6. Therefore, get PNP nomination.
  7. And finally applied for permanent residency.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
If, yes. But you were refused twice and that most likely will make it very hard for you to apply for any Canadian immigration program. You could either wait a few years for this to clear. Or you could hire a lawyer and challenge the refusal if you truly believe that the refusal of entry was not on reasonable grounds. If you misstated the Purpose of Visit and if immigration proved that it was, in fact, the case then that is quite a serious offense, not sure if that can be challenged. All depends on whether you believe you misstated the purpose of visit or not and what evidence you have to support your claim. Just sharing my thoughts, sorry if it sounds bleak but I prefer to share honest opinions rather than provide feel-good answers. Good luck to you!!!

I applied 2 times.

1st application was refused on just (1) one ground "Purpose of visit"

2nd application was refused on (3) grounds; Purpose of visit, Family ties & Travel history.

If they would have granted me temporarily entry;
  1. I would have gone for an Interview.
  2. Signed performance agreement with PNP.
  3. Applied for a work permit.
  4. Submit my arrival report to PNP.
  5. Successfully be able to establish my business.
  6. Therefore, get PNP nomination.
  7. And finally applied for permanent residency.

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
There was a PNP provision to go for "Request for Review" by paying another $200 fee within a certain deadline.

But, it was useless to go for "Request for Review" because they already gave me "IN-WRITTEN" that my application has been declined on the grounds of following: That I was unable to secure a visit visa for interview, from ircc. (The only one reason)

As far as, asking reconsideration to visa office.
Yes I did. But, NO response was given.

Yes I got my GCMS notes.

1st: Purpose of Visit. (In GCMS Notes it was written that.. purpose of visit was poorly documented in the application)

Loll, if that was the case ?
They should have asked me for more documents before refusing my application ?
Sounds like they are simply always in very very hurry to press the REFUSE button.

2nd: Family ties.
I was planning business in Canada, NOT sightseeing.. loll.
Of course I will take my family along with me.
Still I don't understand this point too.

3rd: Travel History.(NOT sufficient)
Regardless of I have good travel history.
But, still the question is.. that if one don't have a sufficient travel history He/she cannot go for Interview in Canada which is the part of PNP program, am surprised !
A friend of mine recently was given the same reason from New Delhi office- 'purpose is vague and application is poorly documented'. Surprisingly, his documentation was very detailed and purpose was clearly mentioned. Looks like he is the same officer that refused your application as well.

Jasdir

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
If, yes. But you were refused twice and that most likely will make it very hard for you to apply for any Canadian immigration program. You could either wait a few years for this to clear. Or you could hire a lawyer and challenge the refusal if you truly believe that the refusal of entry was not on reasonable grounds.
NO believe.
In fact, am 100% sure that my refusal was NOT on reasonable grounds.

As far as challenging the refusal. I will NOT do it because it is very much expensive which can cost me around CAD$20000 (I assume)

If you misstated the Purpose of Visit and if immigration proved that it was, in fact, the case then that is quite a serious offense, not sure if that can be challenged. All depends on whether you believe you misstated the purpose of visit or not and what evidence you have to support your claim.
Evidence is;
I have a "Letter of Support" provided by BC-PNP office of immigration stating the scheduled interview for my business-plan.
Appearing for In-person Interview was the part of BC-PNP program.

Just sharing my thoughts, sorry if it sounds bleak but I prefer to share honest opinions rather than provide feel-good answers. Good luck to you!!!
No bleak. Don't worry for that.
In fact, am always thankful for honest opinions :)

Jasdir

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
A friend of mine recently was given the same reason from New Delhi office- 'purpose is vague and application is poorly documented'. Surprisingly, his documentation was very detailed and purpose was clearly mentioned. Looks like he is the same officer that refused your application as well.
IF something is vague and poorly documented,
And they knew that,
Than why NOT ask for more documents ?
Sadly, they don't care.

They have pre-printed stationery for a refusal which happened due to their bad-mood at that time.

Reactions: gta88

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
And they knew that,
Sadly, they don't care.

They have pre-printed stationery for a refusal which happened due to their bad-mood at that time.
Hi @Jasdir
Any plans to re-apply next year?
Also, could you share if any company helped you with your business plan? It has 50 points so not sure what level of content are they looking at.

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
And they knew that,
Sadly, they don't care.

Any update after last year?