+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied temporary Residence Visitor for Canada from Khi pakistan on 26may 2017

Hassan_sardar33

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
I have applied My wife visitor visa on 26th may 2017. Havent recieve any reply from cic.
They are still processing application and my travel date has also been passed.
Is there is any one who have applied in the month of may 2017 and recieved passport with approve visa.
I am worried because our travel date has been passed and mywife application still in progress.
Our ticket is also attach with application.
Till yesterday process time was 27 days. However today i checked it shows 34days.
Tell me one more thing if travel date has passed then how they will gonna consider my wife application and how long they will take to make decision.

samk03

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
If travel date passes. It gives the visa officer reason to refuse the visa but I have heard some cases in which they approved visa even the travel date was passed. Specially when your purpose of travel is visit. In case a purpose of travel is a conference or any other event that is date bound. It is likely that they refuse visa when dates have been passed.
Also I think you applied visa very late. You should apply at least three months prior to your travel dates

Hassan_sardar33

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
If travel date passes. It gives the visa officer reason to refuse the visa but I have heard some cases in which they approved visa even the travel date was passed. Specially when your purpose of travel is visit. In case a purpose of travel is a conference or any other event that is date bound. It is likely that they refuse visa when dates have been passed.
Also I think you applied visa very late. You should apply at least three months prior to your travel dates
It doesnt matter bro. I also have visitor visa i applied 40 days prior my travel date i recieved my passport before my travel date.
This time i submitted my wife passport 1 month before my travel date.
My purpose of travel is not for any special event. It is just to celebrate Eid with my family in canada and stay 2 weeks there.
I am also thinking same like you may be they will gonna refuse visa because our travel date has been passed.
I contacted cic through ircc form but they havent reply me

samk03

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
When did you applied visitor visa 40 days earlier from your travel date. Kindly mention month and year because summer is always busy. Visa processing time increases for all the embassies in summer.
If you received your passport within 40 days earlier you are lucky but it is not recommended to apply in such manner giving less time between your date of application and date of travel

Hassan_sardar33

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
When did you applied visitor visa 40 days earlier from your travel date. Kindly mention month and year because summer is always busy. Visa processing time increases for all the embassies in summer.
If you received your passport within 40 days earlier you are lucky but it is not recommended to apply in such manner giving less time between your date of application and date of travel
I applied in june2015. And recieved passport in the end of july 2015.
I always apply like this in all embassies. I am holding UK USA and canadian visitor visa.
My wife also have valid UK & USA visa

Hassan_sardar33

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Here in this forum i have seen some posts in which application refused, they send passport back with 05-15 working days.
I think If they hold passport for long time it means they are doing something our thinking what to do with this application. If they want to refuse they dont hold passport for long time. This is what i think but may be i am wrong.

samk03

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
USA is very quick. You receive the passport within 5 days after the interview normally. Unless your case gets into administrative processing. It takes long then.
UK is also quick. They take 2-3 weeks.
You have been lucky doesn't means you should always take risks especially with the time consuming embassies.
You applied 40 days earlier for your self and this time you applied 30 days earlier.
In short I would like to advice you to always play safe. There is no harm in applying early. Rather there is a risk in applying late. It is more likely you get refused in such cases.

samk03

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Here in this forum i have seen some posts in which application refused, they send passport back with 05-15 working days.
I think If they hold passport for long time it means they are doing something our thinking what to do with this application. If they want to refuse they dont hold passport for long time. This is what i think but may be i am wrong.
Make a new thread for this topic for applicants from Pakistan to get accurate statistics for such cases.

Hassan_sardar33

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
USA is very quick. You receive the passport within 5 days after the interview normally. Unless your case gets into administrative processing. It takes long then.
UK is also quick. They take 2-3 weeks.
You have been lucky doesn't means you should always take risks especially with the time consuming embassies.
You applied 40 days earlier for your self and this time you applied 30 days earlier.
In short I would like to advice you to always play safe. There is no harm in applying early. Rather there is a risk in applying late. It is more likely you get refused in such cases.
g
Aggreed bro. Next time i will follow your advice. I dont care about refusal my problem is this i cant hold my passport for long time thats the reason i always apply late.
American visa process time is best in the world. With in 5 minute you will know that visa is approve or refuse.

Hassan_sardar33

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
My purpose to make this thread is only to know person who have submitted passport before and after 26th may 2017 in KHI-Pakistan have recieved their passport yet or not.

samk03

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
g
Aggreed bro. Next time i will follow your advice. I dont care about refusal my problem is this i cant hold my passport for long time thats the reason i always apply late.
American visa process time is best in the world. With in 5 minute you will know that visa is approve or refuse.
You don't care about visa refusal rather time. Strange!
By the way you can apply for Canadian visa without submitting your passport as well. You should have opted for that procedure.

Hassan_sardar33

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
You don't care about visa refusal rather time. Strange!
By the way you can apply for Canadian visa without submitting your passport as well. You should have opted for that procedure.
Really!
I dont know how we can apply without submitting passport.
Can you please tell me. In case they refuse my wife visa then next time i will gonna apply like this.

samk03

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Apply online on IRCC website
I don't know about paper based application. Consult your nearest VAC for further information regarding submitting paper based application without passport.

Hassan_sardar33

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Thankyou next time if i need to apply i will apply wothout passport
Apply online on IRCC website
I don't know about paper based application. Consult your nearest VAC for further information regarding submitting paper based application without passport.