+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied Super Visa but got V1 Regular Visa

ben1911

Oct 5, 2015
Hi all,

I applied super visa for my parents on 20 April 2017 with all necessary documents such as medical insurance, 1 year medical examination, income verification (T4, Notice of Assessment), employment letter, 3 months round-trip air tickets, invitation letter, etc. but after 1 month and a half that my parents received regular V1 visa, the process usually take 3 months but it only takes us 1.5 month then what we received are 10 years V1 visitor visa instead of super visa.

From my best understanding, when applying super visa, officer will either refuse and return the application package or approve super visa, but my case is a little bit unusual when we received V1 regular visa instead. Does anyone experience the same situation before or has any idea?

Many thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, there have been a couple of recent cases where applicants were issued V-1 visas instead of PG-1 despite submitting all the necessary documents required for super visas.

It depends on the assessment made by the visa officer

Reactions: ben1911

ben1911

Oct 5, 2015
Yes, there have been a couple of recent cases where applicants were issued V-1 visas instead of PG-1 despite submitting all the necessary documents required for super visas.

It depends on the assessment made by the visa officer
Thanks for your response.
My parents received the V1 visa without any explanation letter stating why they issue V1 visa instead of Super Visa. From your understanding, what will be the main cause?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
It could be due to any reason: Your financials as the host, medicals, ties to their home country, etc

You can order GCMS notes to help you understand.

Do note: You can apply to extend their visitor status towards the end of their 6 months' visit

ben1911

Oct 5, 2015
It could be due to any reason: Your financials as the host, medicals, ties to their home country, etc

You can order GCMS notes to help you understand.

Do note: You can apply to extend their visitor status towards the end of their 6 months' visit
Thanks.
Can you please show me how to order GCMS, if you have it? Is it the same as ATIP?

Jul 14, 2012
Hi all,

I applied super visa for my parents on 20 April 2017 with all necessary documents such as medical insurance, 1 year medical examination, income verification (T4, Notice of Assessment), employment letter, 3 months round-trip air tickets, invitation letter, etc. but after 1 month and a half that my parents received regular V1 visa, the process usually take 3 months but it only takes us 1.5 month then what we received are 10 years V1 visitor visa instead of super visa.

From my best understanding, when applying super visa, officer will either refuse and return the application package or approve super visa, but my case is a little bit unusual when we received V1 regular visa instead. Does anyone experience the same situation before or has any idea?

Many thanks
Hi I also applied for super visa. Submitted all documents such as T4 and insurance but my mother in law got her visa yesterday its V1 while super visa has to be PG-1 ? Did you contact anybody? Did your problem got solved?? Can u pls contact me @ mkaur67@hotmail.com

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Many thanks[/QUOTE]

The super visa is issued if parents wants to stay in Canada for a period of more than six months. The visa officer looks at the circumstances and decides..In this case you enclosed a return tickets showing return after three months so they did not issue a Super visa.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

Many thanks
The super visa is issued if parents wants to stay in Canada for a period of more than six months. The visa officer looks at the circumstances and decides..In this case you enclosed a return tickets showing return after three months so they did not issue a Super visa.
Sorry to hear your parents did not get their super visas. But, on the positive side, you can extend their visitor status when they arrive on their TRVs.

Yes, we have come across 7-8 similar cases in the last few months i.e. V-1 visas were issued when applicants had applied for super visas

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
Hi all,

Many thanks

i applied for my parents super visa and i received visitor visa as well.

what did you do then

1) did you extend your parents visitor visa ?
2) if you extended then how long you extended your parent visitor visa because i want my parents stay atleast for 2 years...
3)if you did not extend then what you did ?

thank you in advance..

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
Hi I also applied for super visa. Submitted all documents such as T4 and insurance but my mother in law got her visa yesterday its V1 while super visa has to be PG-1 ? Did you contact anybody? Did your problem got solved?? Can u pls contact me @ mkaur67@hotmail.com

hi
I saw your post on canadavisa.com.

what did you do then

2) if you extended then how long you extended your parent visitor visa because i want my parents stay atleast for 2 years...

thank you in advance..

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
hi
I saw your post on canadavisa.com.

what did you do then

thank you in advance..
What did you do? My mother might also get the same even though she applied for super visa.

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
Hi, is this happening only with New portal?? Or even through GCKey as well??
My mom got super visa PG1 through the new portal.