+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied PRTD as accompanying Canadian citizen spouse

ski

Nov 20, 2013
Hello all,
So, we finally applied for PRTD for my wife who has been out of Canada for the entire five year window period. Out of these five years, 2 years has been with her living alone outside Canada and 3 years with me (Canadian citizen) also outside Canada. Quite nervous sending in this application, due to the fact that I accompanied her and not the other way around.
Will post on how it goes.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all,
So, we finally applied for PRTD for my wife who has been out of Canada for the entire five year window period. Out of these five years, 2 years has been with her living alone outside Canada and 3 years with me (Canadian citizen) also outside Canada. Quite nervous sending in this application, due to the fact that I accompanied her and not the other way around.
Will post on how it goes.
Thanks - keep us updated and good luck.

Reactions: ski

ski

Nov 20, 2013
An update with this application - my wife got an email from CIC asking for a copy of all pages of all travel documents held in the past five years. I already sent them her passport copy including all blank pages. We can take another scan and send it.

However, we had applied online. But the email says:

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 15 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application and loss of permanent resident status. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the Embassy, High commission or Consulate processing your application.

Do we respond to the email directly? The email is from Permanent-Resident-Card@cic.gc.ca. The online status has not changed. It is still in Submitted status.