+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied PGWP after Study Permit Expired!!! URGENT!!!!

nehg

Aug 24, 2020
Hello,

I had 3 yrs course I switched to 2 yrs. So, I got graduation letter on Jan 10, 2020 and my official transcript on Jan 14, 2020. But, I applied for PGWP on April 12, 2020 (93 Days after Graduation Letter). But, at the time I applied I had Study Permit Expiry on Dec 31, 2020. As I just saw that study permit expires after 90 from graduation completion.

Can my PGWP be refused?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Possibly. It sounds like you are out of status, and well past the 90 day deadline to even apply to restore it. Have you been working in Canada?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Not working after I applied for PGWP
That's good. You may want to consult an immigration lawyer since as I said you are likely out of status. Normally when applying for a PGWP after study permit expiry, you would apply for a restoration of status at the same time, but the deadline for that is now long gone.

nehg

Aug 24, 2020
What can I do? I contacted 5-6 immigration lawyers they are saying I’m good as I have applied within 180 days. And they are not listening to me. PLEASE Suggest me what can I do? And Also provide me good lawyer if you know any?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Your problem isn't your PGWP per se as you applied in time for that, the problem you need to tell them is that you have been out of status for well over 90 days, as you did not have a valid study permit when you submitted your PGWP application.

nehg

Aug 24, 2020
Do you know what can I do? I told them this 10 times but they all laughed at me saying you are overthinking dont worry call us back when you receive your pgwp. I cannot speak with any lawyer face-to-face becz of covid. I am screwed. Please if you can atleast give me a glimpse of what can I now do it would be great to talk to lawyer then.
Also, should I leave canada now immediately?
If you know good lawyer in Toronto area please tell me!?

nehg

Aug 24, 2020
Hello @lostinquebec,

I researched on it and yes you are correct I can apply PGWP within 180 days which I did. But, it also says that you have to apply before your study permit expires (i.e. 90 Days after your graduation) and I applied on 93rd day. So, I should have also apply for restoration when I applied PGWP, Go out of Canada, Apply for Visitor Record. But, I didnt do any of them. Now, I am stuck!? I hope this explains? Lawyers are just not understanding that 180 days is right but after 90 days your study permit expires so you have to leave canada which I didnt. So, I have invalid status when I applied and still. Plz help!!!

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
You need to hire a lawyer just in case they refuse you! Thats all you can do and wait

nehg

Aug 24, 2020
Can I apply for restoration of my study permit as new public policy allows to restore your status until Dec, 2020? And attach my restoration fee receipt via web form? Can this work ?

nehg

Aug 24, 2020
Can it solve my problem? Do I need to call IRCC on Monday and tell them about the issue and ask them if they can attach the receipt to my closed application? Can they attach documents to PGWP application currently in processing stage? @primaprime Thanks Sorry I know I am tagging you but I am scared and regretting every second