+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied parents visitor visa together. Father visa approved but Mother visa showing in progress

incomingAbg

Aug 25, 2019
Here are the timelines I applied for my parents visitor visa (Not super visa) together:

Father application:
April 8, 2023: Application submitted
April 19, 2023: Biometrics completed
April 19, 2023: Background check completed
May 7, 2023: Final decision. Application approved.

My father already got the visa stamped on his passport.

Mother application:
Background check: In progress
Final decision: In Progress

I am not sure why my mother's visa is in progress while my father's visa was stamped and approved within one month of applying. I am expecting a baby in Oct 2023 so I really need my mothers visa to be approved as well.

Has anyone been in this situation before ? Any help would be appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Here are the timelines I applied for my parents visitor visa (Not super visa) together:

Father application:

Mother application:

I am not sure why my mother's visa is in progress while my father's visa was stamped and approved within one month of applying. I am expecting a baby in Oct 2023 so I really need my mothers visa to be approved as well.

Would order GCMS notes to see what is happening with your mother’s application

nishant_singh2992

Dec 12, 2023
Was your mother application approved? If yes, what did you do ?
I am also in very same situation. My father got PPR yesterday but mother application is still in process.

incomingAbg

Aug 25, 2019
Was your mother application approved? If yes, what did you do ?
I am also in very same situation. My father got PPR yesterday but mother application is still in process.
I ordered GCMS notes, told them about my situation and the visa got approved in a couple of weeks. I would rather wait for few more weeks instead of immediately ordering GCMS notes as you said your Father visa got approved yesterday only.

nishant_singh2992

Dec 12, 2023
I ordered GCMS notes, told them about my situation and the visa got approved in a couple of weeks. I would rather wait for few more weeks instead of immediately ordering GCMS notes as you said your Father visa got approved yesterday only.
Sounds good, could you please advise on process of applying GCMS notes? Thanks for your help and suggestion.

Lone__Wolf

Jan 13, 2024
Hello; I am in a similar state as well; my father who is primary applicant still has " we are processing your application" status; while my mother who was included on the application as accompnying family member already received her passport request letter.
One interesting thing i noted was that after they both did their biometrics; my mother had a status "submitted" but my father still had "awaiting your action" status. However both of them had biometrics number updated in their application status section with date of biometric enrollment and expiry correctly updated. I also checked in the bimetric database and saw my father has a valid biometric filed in the system. This is so confusing; 2 ppl apply togather; submit biometrics togather; but still have different status. Did you see something similar in your case? I will post here once there is progress on my father's case; also request you to share the status here - Thanks

TiniTan28

Star Member
May 9, 2022

Father application:

Mother application:

did you use the new portal or gckey?

Tas786!

Feb 15, 2024
Did your mother get the approval yet? I applied for my dad as well in September, but haven't heard back from them yet. Should we submit the GCMS notes?

incomingAbg

Aug 25, 2019
Did your mother get the approval yet? I applied for my dad as well in September, but haven't heard back from them yet. Should we submit the GCMS notes?
My mother got her approval after I submitted GCMS notes. So yes, go ahead and apply. Make sure you give genuine reason, like in my case it was my baby's birth.

Reactions: Tas786!

Tas786!

Feb 15, 2024
My mother got her approval after I submitted GCMS notes. So yes, go ahead and apply. Make sure you give genuine reason, like in my case it was my baby's birth.
That's awesome. Congrats!! Do you know approximately how long it took for them to make the decision? I mean how many months in total?

royscore

Sep 24, 2020
Hello; I am in a similar state as well; my father who is primary applicant still has " we are processing your application" status; while my mother who was included on the application as accompnying family member already received her passport request letter.
One interesting thing i noted was that after they both did their biometrics; my mother had a status "submitted" but my father still had "awaiting your action" status. However both of them had biometrics number updated in their application status section with date of biometric enrollment and expiry correctly updated. I also checked in the bimetric database and saw my father has a valid biometric filed in the system. This is so confusing; 2 ppl apply togather; submit biometrics togather; but still have different status. Did you see something similar in your case? I will post here once there is progress on my father's case; also request you to share the status here - Thanks
Did you get approval for your mother’s visa? How long it took? I am on the exact same boat.

Alisarfaraz

Oct 19, 2023
HI can someone help me - My wife is also expecting
can someone someone PLEASE share their invitation letter for my father and mother in-law TRV application- so i can get an idea - i am her husband-
Can the husband apply behalf of my in laws as their representative for TRV or
Does wife has to apply using her PR holder and apply for her parents TRV?

please help.
we are expecting in Sept. so
can someone share if I the Husband needs to apply or my Wife should and can i provide my financial support for their application while showing my account balance and tax papers such as NOA and say i will support them for the duration for their stay?