+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied online via MyCIC .. 1 month MORE than expected time

smileyuae

Jul 29, 2015
Hi guys,

I am living in Dubai and I have applied on May 28 through mycic website, and still have not received a single response!!! On my online file it just shows "In process".

I have tried emailing them but also no response since 3 weeks.. There is nobody that I can contact, it is very frustrating that there is nobody to talk to..

It is supposed to take 7 weeks as per MYCIC website, but now it is exactly 12 weeks since I've applied!!

Can anybody please offer some guidance or something that I can do to follow up on my situation ..

Harry_89

Jul 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Doc's Request.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
04-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Bro you can send them case specific query and mention the issue. its a good idea to add screenshot or any document verifying CHC receiving date.
Keep sending emails after a week or so.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Try to contact below as well:
Telephone: 971-(0) 2-694-0300

smileyuae

Jul 29, 2015
I have sent 2 case specific enquiries and I haven't received any repIies.

I've called all the phone numbers that I could find online but can never get a hold of anybody.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's really nothing you can do but wait. The processing times posted are not guaranteed for all applications - and it's entirely possible for processing to take much longer.

Harry_89

Jul 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Doc's Request.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
04-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi smily,

You must keep sending them emails week after week until you get a response. Dont stop pursuing your case.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

smileyuae

Jul 29, 2015
Hi guys,

Thanks for the input.

I have sent another case specific inquiry. This will be the third time I've sent it.

I hope they will reply soon. It's very stressful

smileyuae

Jul 29, 2015
No responses from any of the emails. However today I received an automated email saying "there have been no new updates regarding your application since you last logged in to mycic"

This is so frustrating :'(

Naser63

Star Member
Mar 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied online on June 2 and received POE Introduction Letter on June 09.
Since that time I didn't hear from CIC anything regarding biometrics or Passport to stamp visa.
I sent specific case inquiry and still waiting

smileyuae

Jul 29, 2015
Naser63 said:
I applied online on June 2 and received POE Introduction Letter on June 09.
Since that time I didn't hear from CIC anything regarding biometrics or Passport to stamp visa.
I sent specific case inquiry and still waiting
Welcome to the waiting list!

Actually I want to reconfirm that I've actually applied on May 5th..not on 28 like my first post.

I really don't know why they are so slow, maybe because of Ramadan?

thabish

Apr 11, 2015
Hi guys

I applied online in late March 2015.

Medicals passed.

My visa office is Pretoria, South Africa.

It has been 19 weeks now. Average processing time is 15 weeks.

No response to case specific inquiries - 4 sent. Sent emails to other addresses on website as well. No reply worthy of note.

Pathetic, delayed, frustrating system in place. I would expect more from a developed country. Whats the point of indicating a 30 day response when you don't reply. The lady in Pretoria simply said..."you will have to wait" !?? Seriously, that's all you have to say!

Its also amazes me how Indians (all due respects) are able to source visas in a week from India (in some cases) while it takes 15 weeks+ in Pretoria. Is this discrimination, incompetence, lack of staffing or something else?

These guys must sort out there act!

ao92

Aug 3, 2015
Applied online through MyCIC, live in Dubai.

Applied: 17th of July
Biometrics: 20th of July

No updates other than "The applicant's biometrics are needed" to "not needed at this time" after the biometrics by a day.

Will keep you guys updated. As soon as anyone in the UAE gets their visa please let us know, as so far judging from this thread and the other Abu Dhabi one, no one's been getting their visas done, so it seems the embassy is particularly slow this summer.

abrilmendoza

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
Hi

I am torn whether to apply online or by paper (vfs), I thought the online will be at least more up to date but base on this thread it is taking much longer than the supposedly average processing time