+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied online for TRV in Riyadh

Seterop

Jun 11, 2015
I applied online for TRV yesterday and today I did the biometric in Riyadh.
They did not take my passport and told me to wait till I get another email from CIC.

My online application status still says "Your Action Is Required" we need biometric.

How long it takes for CIC to update the status and ask for the passports? What's usually the process time after submitting the passports?

kewl

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh Online TRV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-04-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2014 (Multiple)
LANDED..........
First landed in 09/2016. Visa Expired 11/2016. Reapplied with approved TRV valid until 2021
CIC will only ask for the passport only when application is approved. Otherwise, once refused, you will get a letter in your CIC account stating the items for refusal. Riyadh office currently has 21 days average processing time. As per experience, they are quite accurate on this timeline (me and my wife's application were filed separately and processed on the processing time as stated)..

Seterop

Jun 11, 2015
kewl said:
CIC will only ask for the passport only when application is approved. Otherwise, once refused, you will get a letter in your CIC account stating the items for refusal. Riyadh office currently has 21 days average processing time. As per experience, they are quite accurate on this timeline (me and my wife's application were filed separately and processed on the processing time as stated)..
I think if you applied online you follow CIC online application processing time not the Riyadh office. Correct?

If they approved my online application how long it takes from sending the passports to have them back?

kewl

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh Online TRV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-04-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2014 (Multiple)
LANDED..........
First landed in 09/2016. Visa Expired 11/2016. Reapplied with approved TRV valid until 2021
Seterop said:
I think if you applied online you follow CIC online application processing time not the Riyadh office. Correct?

If they approved my online application how long it takes from sending the passports to have them back?
3-4 days

edmac

Jun 16, 2015
I submitted my application online last May 22, 2015 and I haven't receive any updates yet. :(

jeddahwala

May 31, 2015
hi edmac,

you are living in Saudi Arabia, and when you did your biometrics ?
Also since you applied did you received any email notifications that there was an update in you application ?

edmac

Jun 16, 2015
@jeddahwala

Hi, I'm currently working here at Al-Khobar. I did receive some notification emails that my online application has an update.
But when I open MyCiC the status is still OPEN. Currently no request for biometrics (I wonder why I didn't receive any request).
It is my first time to apply for a TRV and still lurking here to find some ideas.

jeddahwala

May 31, 2015
Hi edmac,

Biometric might not be required for you as it is for few nationalities, if you are an Indian then no need if you are Pakistani then yes you need, from where you are ? what i have seen is for online from Saudi arabia it is taking almost 28-29 days, for you it is now more then a month you can lodge a case specific inquiry from this link
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=riyadh

Please keep us update about your status.

As i am Pakistani i received biometric request on the next day and i applied my wife visa also with my application she received the request after 8 days.

Do let me know what is you nationality.

Take care good luck and keep us posted :)

RF786

Jun 24, 2015
I applied along with fanily for TRV online from riyadh. 32 days have passed and no response as yet. This is very dissappointing as we had to travel for our daughter's wedding there.
Any idea where to contact for inquiry?
Any similar case like ours?
Kindly help if anyone has any info

jeddahwala

May 31, 2015
Dear RF786,

its been how many days since you lodged case specific inquiry ?
also you can send all the details about your case to this below email address too.

ryadhvisa@international.gc.ca

I really hope you get the response soon, even for me its been 25 days after i submitted the application, done with the biometrics now waiting for the final decision .....

keep us posted regarding your case , so other people can get an idea too.

Good luck and regards

RF786

Jun 24, 2015
Its been a week since i lodged the inquiry.
Sure, ill try emailing at this adress too.
Fingers crossed.
Goodluck to u too :)

edmac

Jun 16, 2015
@jeddahwala

I'm Filipino. I notify them regarding my case last Friday. I don't know if it reached them but today I received a message in MyCiC.
It says a decision has been made and they require me to send my passport to VISA office for further processing of my application.
I will try to submit my passport soonest, and post further updates here.