Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Blueunicorn said:
I applied citizenship and mailed it to them last week. I wonder how their timeline works.

Here is the normal flow if you have eligible, submitted all required supporting. Its taking anywhere from 7 months to more.

Depending upon your local CIC Office, things could be faster or slower. From the trends, its noticed CIC offices in Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary are processing application quite fast. Whereas, as usual the CIC on east especially in Ontario are the slowest.

The estimated time frame from start to finish given is 7 - 8 months, yet some West Coast offices have done it even less than that too.

Application sent ---> Received ---> AOR ---> In Process ---> Test Invitation ---> Decision Made ---> Oath Invitation

Estimated Days 5 ---> 18 ----> 30 -----> Nobody knows ---> 3 Wks from test --> Within 2 Mnts from Test

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Hi
Blueunicorn said:
I applied citizenship and mailed it to them last week. I wonder how their timeline works.
If you are from the west it's more likely that you will get a faster timeline (couple of months).
Canadiandesi2006 is right (as always ;) ).

helenaD

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just about to send citizenship application this week - family of 4 in Vancouver. We also just sent off our PR card renewal application. By these timelines, it seems plausible that citizenship could be processed before the PR cards!
H.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
helenaD said:
Just about to send citizenship application this week - family of 4 in Vancouver. We also just sent off our PR card renewal application. By these timelines, it seems plausible that citizenship could be processed before the PR cards!
H.
With the pace of CIC Vancouver, looks like you would get your Citizenship processed pretty quickly.

After all, CIC Vancouver is doing an excellent job, whereas CIC Ontario region is still enjoying the Christmas Holidays !!! ;D

After my case got screwed up, I advise candidates to wait till they have at least 30 days more than minimum required before they apply.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Recently I am really starting to think about moving to Vancouver before I submit my application.
Absolutely no joke here.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Politren said:
Recently I am really starting to think about moving to Vancouver before I submit my application.
Absolutely no joke here.
They were the first to clear the backlog. There is a chance that all processing regions will have comparable timelines by March 31.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Diplomatru said:
They were the first to clear the backlog. There is a chance that all processing regions will have comparable timelines by March 31.
The level of my doubt regarding the 31 March "Deadline" is very high. You know that.

This promise to me seems more likely as one of the pre-election promises made by the Conservatives.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Politren said:
The level of my doubt regarding the 31 March "Deadline" is very high. You know that.

This promise to me seems more likely as one of the pre-election promises made by the Conservatives.
I am aware of your skepticism about that "deadline", but is there any other viable theory supporting the recent processing speed increase by CIC offices in the West? Seems like they got rid of the pre-SCCA files.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Diplomatru said:
I am aware of your skepticism about that "deadline", but is there any other viable theory supporting the recent processing speed increase by CIC offices in the West? Seems like they got rid of the pre-SCCA files.
One of the theory I support as an explanation for that efficiency in the west is that more staff must have been sent there.
And I have a suspicion that this extra staff has been transferred from some of the GTA offices.
Otherwise I got no explanation why GTA become slow while at the same time Vancouver so fast.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Politren said:
One of the theory I support as an explanation for that efficiency in the west is that more staff must have been sent there.
And I have a suspicion that this extra staff has been transferred from some of the GTA offices.
Otherwise I got no explanation why GTA become slow while at the same time Vancouver so fast.
Well, we have no information about other offices in ON, say, Niagara Falls or Windsor. GTA is the place where the immigrants population is at the highest level, so it is not surprising to me that they don't set speed records.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Politren said:
May be I'm wrong but tend to suspect Toronto might attract largest number of immigrants compared to Vancouver. Quite possibly the CIC Ontario always get large number of applications.

Even so, its not a new phenomenon, the Federal ministry and CIC knows this for decades. This is something they can well address by proper planning, man power allocation and work distribution.

However, I firmly believe with available resources at disposal, if at all they sincerely wish, they can do it pretty fast by making necessary process optimization and tight integration with other agencies to wrap up things fast and perfect too.

Bottom line - the Billion Dollar question, Who will bell the cat ? ;D ;D May be they think, create the chaos and continue ruling it.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Canadiandesi2006 said:
May be I'm wrong but tend to suspect Toronto might attract largest number of immigrants compared to Vancouver. Quite possibly the CIC Ontario always get large number of applications.

Even so, its not a new phenomenon, the Federal ministry and CIC knows this for decades. This is something they can well address by proper planning, man power allocation and work distribution.

However, I firmly believe with available resources at disposal, if at all they sincerely wish, they can do it pretty fast by making necessary process optimization and tight integration with other agencies to wrap up things fast and perfect too.

Bottom line - the Billion Dollar question, Who will bell the cat ? ;D ;D May be they think, create the chaos and continue ruling it.

One question I have about this (am planning on submitting citizenship application this weekend - we live in Langley just east of Vancouver). I seem to remember when applying for PR, we had to choose our visa office in the forms. At the time we lived in the UK so had to choose London anyway.

All citizenship apps go to Sydney, NS in the first instance but I don't see anywhere on the citizenship form to elect a CIC office. Presumably Vancouver office will be selected for us, since it's the closet office to where we live?

Cappuccino

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
One question I have about this (am planning on submitting citizenship application this weekend - we live in Langley just east of Vancouver). I seem to remember when applying for PR, we had to choose our visa office in the forms. At the time we lived in the UK so had to choose London anyway.
They removed this option in the recent forms

All citizenship apps go to Hamilton Sydney, NS in the first instance but I don't see anywhere on the citizenship form to elect a CIC office. Presumably Vancouver office will be selected for us, since it's the closet office to where we live?
They use the postal code provided in your application to determine the responsible CIC office.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Diplomatru said:
They removed this option in the recent forms

They use the postal code provided in your application to determine the responsible CIC office.
Hi thanks. Yes Sydney sorry I noticed that as soon as I'd made the post (don't worry that app IS going to Sydney :))

Anyway good to know I didn't just miss a box somewhere.

Thanks.