+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applied inside canada wp - please share your input either denied or granted

out

Jun 23, 2012
hello dear folks,

kindly share your success or failure experience in the wp applied either new or same employer and what job for...

to start the ball rolling, my fair share...

1. given a two year job contract as sales asso. from 2010 to 2012.
2. recruited at p.i. and succesfully passed all the works in CEM.
3. arrived in canada and at the airport immigration issued work permit document for 1 year - 2010-2011
4. applied again on same employer the continuity of work permit using the initial lmo issued and job contract stating the two year work stint. another wp was granted for year 2011-2012.
5. at present applied food server inside canada and waiting for new work permit to be issued...(oh so heart pounding "to be or not to be" a new wp will be issued; that is the question!)

knowledgeable, expert and seniors in this forum - any idea what is the barometer or batting average success of applied wp inside canada.

thanks a million!

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
Nov 8, 2012 & March 19, 2013
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Did your employer give you an LMO? Labor Market Opinion? If you applied along with that then you should get the work permit no problem. As far as I know, you cannot get a work permit without it unless you fall under specific job categories.

djchad

Jun 15, 2012
out said:
hello dear folks,

kindly share your success or failure experience in the wp applied either new or same employer and what job for...

to start the ball rolling, my fair share...

1. given a two year job contract as sales asso. from 2010 to 2012.
2. recruited at p.i. and succesfully passed all the works in CEM.
3. arrived in canada and at the airport immigration issued work permit document for 1 year - 2010-2011
4. applied again on same employer the continuity of work permit using the initial lmo issued and job contract stating the two year work stint. another wp was granted for year 2011-2012.
5. at present applied food server inside canada and waiting for new work permit to be issued...(oh so heart pounding "to be or not to be" a new wp will be issued; that is the question!)

knowledgeable, expert and seniors in this forum - any idea what is the barometer or batting average success of applied wp inside canada.

thanks a million!

hi out,

just wondering what did you used in applying your work permit is it the new form or old form?online or mail?

me im gonna send it tomorrow but i don't know yet if I'm gonna send it online or mail....!!!!!

yah you should apply LMO but it depends in the category what kind of work but i think you need LMO for food server....

out

Jun 23, 2012
ssparkles said:
Did your employer give you an LMO? Labor Market Opinion? If you applied along with that then you should get the work permit no problem. As far as I know, you cannot get a work permit without it unless you fall under specific job categories.
...oh yes, i applied with lmo. actually the lmo is open so it took 1 month delay to finally file my new work permit food server job with an LMO under my name already. it's my first time that an agency here in canada processed my papers by them.

the first job i had (sales asso.) no agency managed my processing but only me. Praise the Lord He blessed me to hurdle the CEM visa processing and one renewal in Canada which are now 2 yr finished contract as sales asso.

at the moment, i am still waiting for my new work permit for a new employer and hopefully may the good Lord grant me another blessing.

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
Hi,

@out & djchad- have you guys received your work permit?

I had filed for new WP application online on September 17 and still waiting.

Please share.

out

Jun 23, 2012
astasi said:
Hi,

@ out & djchad- have you guys received your work permit?

I had filed for new WP application online on September 17 and still waiting.
Please share.
it will really take time...in my situation i sent my application package to the immi consultant july18. i was informed that they sent the application package to cic aug 16. the renaming of lmo took almost a month since i sent application package to the immi.con. till now we are still waiting and to my surprise in the applied inside canada processing is already in the september 8 as of november 21 update....hopefully when you receive yours please post too for the sake of readers here...thank you!

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
Hi,

@ out- I will keep you posted...

Good luck to all of us waiting for our WPs.

out

Jun 23, 2012
cpaet10 said:
applied my work permit thru mail (aug. 13, 2012), got my work permit Oct. 29, 2012
hi cpaet10,
if you dont mind being asked that if your work permit is applied inside canada;

1. is it the same employer or new employer?

2. may i know where you at as deployed?

3. what job you are in?

i was advice by the immi.con (who handles my processing) to resend copy of my new issued passport (renewed in phil. consulate canada) and i did last nov. 5 to update and inform the cic of the complied validity of my passport. i wonder if this affects too of getting the work permit prolonged even all the more.

anyone who can shed matters?...thank you very much!!!

cpaet10

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
its inside canada, and I'm from edmonton edmonton alberta. its a new employer. my work permit supposed to be 2years but they only give me 1year because my passport will expiring nxtyear. they have a letter attached to my new work permit that i have to renew my passport for me to able to get the 2year contract and send another application to them using the same LMO. so yah, i just sent them a new application and hoping to get my new work permit again soon..

Rave27

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
hi there!

in relation to that, i would like to ask your opinion about transfering to new employer. s new employer want me to be in a specific position. currently i am employed for jus a few months. Some questions are bothering me right now as 1. would that be ok to transfer to another employer even if im just few months here? second, my new employer wants me to start as soon as they process my LMO, would that be ok even if i still dont have my new work permit? what would be the worst thing that will happen?

i need your help.

thank you so much.

lotus_abbey

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, Are you referring to a closed WP? you need a positive LMO from your new employer and then process your new WP, it's illegal to start working with your new employer unless you have your new WP. You said few months? I would like to share my experience with my new employer, she hired me and gave me a skilled LMO, she told me she stopped getting foreign workers from overseas due to bad experience with them. It felt bad because I'm from the same country. She had 20 LMO and almost half of them were put into waste, her company paid the WP application fees, air fare tickets and accommodations. I'm just sharing my thoughts, no other intentions.

:)

Rave27 said:
hi there!

in relation to that, i would like to ask your opinion about transfering to new employer. s new employer want me to be in a specific position. currently i am employed for jus a few months. Some questions are bothering me right now as 1. would that be ok to transfer to another employer even if im just few months here? second, my new employer wants me to start as soon as they process my LMO, would that be ok even if i still dont have my new work permit? what would be the worst thing that will happen?

i need your help.

thank you so much.

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
Hi,

I received my new WP issued on November 28 today....submitted my online application on September 17.

In all 71 calender days to process.... ;)

lotus_abbey

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats ! was that a new employer or same employer?

:)

astasi said:
Hi,

I received my new WP issued on November 28 today....submitted my online application on September 17.

In all 71 calender days to process.... ;)