+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied in Aug - Studies start 26th Jan - Need to defer?

ChileanGerman

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Hello guys,

I'm German. I applied on Aug 20th for my study permit, eligibility review started on Sep 29th. Since then I haven't heard anything. I raised a web form a week ago and also no answer.
My studies are supposed to start on 26th Jan.
Has anybody been dealing with the same or similar? Would you suggest deferring to May intake?
It's weird since it says waiting time 17 weeks for Germany and it's been 20 weeks now

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Processing times are estimates and you will not receive a response. Are you going to a public or private college?

Al Saudi

Jul 7, 2018
Hello,

You may want to consider deferring to the earliest possible date. Afterwards, request for your GCMS Notes to understand what activities is (currently) going on with your application.

Best of Luck

ChileanGerman

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Hello,

You may want to consider deferring to the earliest possible date. Afterwards, request for your GCMS Notes to understand what activities is (currently) going on with your application.

Best of Luck
I think I'm going to wait 1 or 2 more days and then defer. Thank you a lot! I'll definitely request the GCMS notes

robot83

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
I am also in the same boat. Applied in August SDS. Received GCMS notes couple of times but same notes both times "recommend interview". Medical also not updated yet. Raised couple of web forms and no response.

Reactions: ChileanGerman

ChileanGerman

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Given that classes start on the 26th and you would still need to travel and quarantine (assume you have a plan), it may be best to defer. Good luck.
Bummer! I have a quarantine plan and everything else ready and set up. I don't know where the issue is of giving me the study permit. I thought I could start online and then attend college. Thanks for your answer! :)

ChileanGerman

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
I am also in the same boat. Applied in August SDS. Received GCMS notes couple of times but same notes both times "recommend interview". Medical also not updated yet. Raised couple of web forms and no response.
That's crazy.. I don't think my GCMS notes will say anything different.. Thank you for answering!