+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for WP extension, then LMO issued. Do I need to send it?

Widget

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys!

My post is related to this other one: /canada-immigration-discussion-board/lmo-need-help-t103645.0.html

I applied for a WP extension on March 30. My LMO hadn't been issued at that time so I sent a proof of application. Now I received my LMO, yay! Apparently, as I learnt from the link above, CIC hold my application for two months while my LMO was being processed. So I guess that in a few weeks CIC will revisit my application, so now I am wondering: should I send them my LMO or they will check if it was issued by Service Canada?

I was expecting at least that the online form would allow me to submit the document, but such field didn't appear. I tried to contact CIC by phone a few times but they hold my call for more than ten minutes and I end up hanging up.

Thanks again for being so amazing and helpful!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You have to talk with a call center agent and let them know you received the LMO; and if you have to wait 30 minutes then wait out, this is if you want your file updated.

Widget said:
Hi guys!

My post is related to this other one: /canada-immigration-discussion-board/lmo-need-help-t103645.0.html

I applied for a WP extension on March 30. My LMO hadn't been issued at that time so I sent a proof of application. Now I received my LMO, yay! Apparently, as I learnt from the link above, CIC hold my application for two months while my LMO was being processed. So I guess that in a few weeks CIC will revisit my application, so now I am wondering: should I send them my LMO or they will check if it was issued by Service Canada?

I was expecting at least that the online form would allow me to submit the document, but such field didn't appear. I tried to contact CIC by phone a few times but they hold my call for more than ten minutes and I end up hanging up.

Thanks again for being so amazing and helpful!

jhyngx

Star Member
May 18, 2012
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014 AINP ; 07-11-2014 PR application submitted to CIO,sydney
Doc's Request.
19-10-2014 AINP
Nomination.....
19-10-2014 AINP
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 cic
IELTS Request
added to application
Med's Request
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
29-04-2015, ecas upadated rcvd 2nd week of may, ecas upadted july 24: in process july 22
LANDED..........
already in canada
Hi Widget!! Job_seeker is right.

We're the same situation, I applied for WP extension thru online last Mar. 30 without positive LMO and I just received my positive LMO last May 16. I phoned call center agent same day to inform them that i have positive LMO and how will i send it, they hold my call same thing to you, after that the agent told me he made a note to visa officer that I have my positive LMO already and the visa officer will email me for the instructions and just wait for about a month.

BTW, my WP is still on hold until June 5th.maybe before June 5th, the visa officer will email me. :)

After that I want to apply for TRV, job_seeker could you please help me about TRV application. thanks in advance.

Please just keep in touch!!

thanks

Widget

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Woohoo! Thank you guys! I will call on Monday and let you know.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Send your TRV application to Buffalo :

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/visas/forms_temporary_resident_temporaire_formulaires.aspx?view=d

jhyngx said:
Hi Widget!! Job_seeker is right.

We're the same situation, I applied for WP extension thru online last Mar. 30 without positive LMO and I just received my positive LMO last May 16. I phoned call center agent same day to inform them that i have positive LMO and how will i send it, they hold my call same thing to you, after that the agent told me he made a note to visa officer that I have my positive LMO already and the visa officer will email me for the instructions and just wait for about a month.

BTW, my WP is still on hold until June 5th.maybe before June 5th, the visa officer will email me. :)

After that I want to apply for TRV, job_seeker could you please help me about TRV application. thanks in advance.

Please just keep in touch!!

thanks

jhyngx

Star Member
May 18, 2012
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
19-10-2014 AINP
Nomination.....
19-10-2014 AINP
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 cic
IELTS Request
added to application
Med's Request
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
29-04-2015, ecas upadated rcvd 2nd week of may, ecas upadted july 24: in process july 22
LANDED..........
already in canada
Thank youu so much job seeker!!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Call Tuesday. Monday is a holiday :) Anyway, one of the agents informed me before that the best day/time to call is Thursday morning; less "traffic".

Widget said:
Woohoo! Thank you guys! I will call on Monday and let you know.

Widget

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you again. I called on the 23rd, Wednesday. My visa was finally issued on the 24rd, received today and delivered by mail.

jhyngx

Star Member
May 18, 2012
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
19-10-2014 AINP
Nomination.....
19-10-2014 AINP
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 cic
IELTS Request
added to application
Med's Request
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
already in canada
Widget said:
Thank you again. I called on the 23rd, Wednesday. My visa was finally issued on the 24rd, received today and delivered by mail.
Congrats!

i received mine last May 24th by mail.
phoned them on 16th and signed on 18th..

jhyngx

Star Member
May 18, 2012
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
19-10-2014 AINP
Nomination.....
19-10-2014 AINP
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 cic
IELTS Request
added to application
Med's Request
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
already in canada
hello experts,

I have Qs!

Just got my work permit extension(same employer) but before that while waiting for my extension, a new employer hired me with LMO ready and i applied another new work permit thru myCIC online.

so i have 2 applications: work permit extension (same employer) and new work permit(new employer) both still on process that time.

as i said, i just got my work permit extension and change my mind want to cancel the new one.my Qs are:

1.Can I and How to cancel my new work permit application thru myCIC online? by phone or my mail? if mail, what is the mail add?
2. Do i have to inform CIC or call center agent to cancel my new work permit app?
3. Is my work permit extension will automatically cancelled if I got a new work permit?
4. Im using my work permit extension to apply for TRV, is my TRV application will be affected if i will not cancel my new work permit?

I appreciate your answer..Please and thank you..

shravan123

Jun 5, 2012
Hi jhyngx,
You appear to be quite resourceful. I need some guidance on the WP renewal process and would be really thankful of you for your guidance.
Please share your contact information on shravanwp-at-gmail.com
thanks,
Shravan.

jhyngx

Star Member
May 18, 2012
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
19-10-2014 AINP
Nomination.....
19-10-2014 AINP
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 cic
IELTS Request
added to application
Med's Request
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
already in canada
jhyngx said:
hello experts,

I have Qs!

Just got my work permit extension(same employer) but before that while waiting for my extension, a new employer hired me with LMO ready and i applied another new work permit thru myCIC online.

so i have 2 applications: work permit extension (same employer) and new work permit(new employer) both still on process that time.

as i said, i just got my work permit extension and change my mind want to cancel the new one.my Qs are:

1.Can I and How to cancel my new work permit application thru myCIC online? by phone or my mail? if mail, what is the mail add?
2. Do i have to inform CIC or call center agent to cancel my new work permit app?
3. Is my work permit extension will automatically cancelled if I got a new work permit?
4. Im using my work permit extension to apply for TRV, is my TRV application will be affected if i will not cancel my new work permit?

I appreciate your answer..Please and thank you..
hello guys,

coz nobody answer any of my Qs. i'll just give you an update as of today. ;)

I phoned CIC/call center yesterday to inform them that i will withdraw my online application for my new employer

as per CIC, yes i can cancel my online application.
and how?, they send me a link to my email the instruction on withdrawal of online application and after i email the said request it will take within 3 business days to provide with an answer.

and they told me its not too late to cancel my application because they are still processing April application as you can see on the processing time updates.BTW, i submitted my work permit application (new employer) 2nd week of May.

just for your info guys. hope this will help. :D

jhyngx

Star Member
May 18, 2012
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
19-10-2014 AINP
Nomination.....
19-10-2014 AINP
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 cic
IELTS Request
added to application
Med's Request
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
already in canada
shravan123 said:
Hi jhyngx,
You appear to be quite resourceful. I need some guidance on the WP renewal process and would be really thankful of you for your guidance.
Please share your contact information on shravanwp-at-gmail.com
thanks,
Shravan.
YES as you can see.. Thanks Shravan.. I appreciate that.. :D

It's better to share it here so that any one out there can read this, considering as their guide too.. ;) Coz I've been through with Work Permit Extention/Renewal thrice, i'd like to share to you guys my experience.

I recommend to use MyCIC online application and why? because its easier( very self-explainatory) and faster than paper application.

First things first,

• Register to MyCIC online
  • Prepare necessary documents such as (passport, current work permit, new job contract (signed both parties( employer/employeer), new positive LMO, proof of medical receipts (if you have one). YOU SHOULD SCANNED ALL THESE DOCS. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION ON your MyCIC on how to do this
  • Payment- Use Credit Card. If you dont have one, ask someone to pay for your application( get the CC info, the number,expiry date, security code, Credit Card holder name, his/her complete address. He/She dont need to be with you in person. Just make sure the credit card expiry date is not about to expire like within this year. And pay him/her afterwards, as what i did. :)

AND YOU ARE READY TO GO FOR APPLICATION BUDDY!! 8)

Online documentation for without positive LMO:
You can still submit your application without a positive LMO. HOW??
If your employer already submitted a LMO Application to HRSDC, and receive a confirmation letter with a reference number from HRSDC. Ask a copy of it and ask your employer to make a letter for you with your name on it stating that the LMO has been assigned with the file number XXXXXXX. USE THESE 2 DOCUMENTS AS REPLACEMENT FOR THE POSITIVE LMO..

Check the processing time. If you submitted your application and if it has been longer since you applied (LET'S SAY ATLEAST A WEEK) PHONE CIC AGENT, ask what happenned to your application. Probably they will say your application is on hold because we are waiting for your positive LMO. If you cannot provide your LMO until (given date), your application will be denied. What you gonna do?? TELL YOUR EMPLOYER ABOUT IT, ASK HIM/HER TO PHONE HRSDC TO FOLLOW UP.

AND/OR

Once your employer receive a positive LMO BEFORE THE GIVEN DATE BY CIC, PHONE CIC AGENT AGAIN RIGHT AWAY!!!, Inform them you've got a positive LMO. If the Agent say to hold your call. PLEASE BUDDY, BE PATIENT! IT TAKES TIME TO HOLD. 10-20MINS. During that time they make a note to CIC Officer informing that you got a positive LMO. and also ask them how to send the LMO, they will say the officer will send an email about the instructions and wait about a month. (But in my case, I haven't receive any emails from them).

After less than a week when i phoned them.. I GOT MY NEW WORK PERMIT THRU MAIL UNEXPECTEDLY!!! :eek: :D

JUST HOPE AND PRAY..ALL IS WELL!!!

GOODLUCK GUYS! ;)[/list]

shravan123

Jun 5, 2012
Thanks again Jhyngx for your prompt and detailed response.
2 questions:
- Is a medical required for work permit renewal?
- I'm an IT professional with quite decent skills and years of experience but having a hard time to find an employers who are willing to take the pain of going through LMO etc.
Its this latter part where i need more guidance on.

jhyngx

Star Member
May 18, 2012
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
19-10-2014 AINP
Nomination.....
19-10-2014 AINP
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 cic
IELTS Request
added to application
Med's Request
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
already in canada
shravan123 said:
Thanks again Jhyngx for your prompt and detailed response.
2 questions:
- Is a medical required for work permit renewal?
- I'm an IT professional with quite decent skills and years of experience but having a hard time to find an employers who are willing to take the pain of going through LMO etc.
Its this latter part where i need more guidance on.
you're welcome.

OH! I forgot to mentioned specifically regarding the medical which is a previous medical receipt requested by VO before you came here in Canada.

For employers willing to give LMO, I have no idea, its really hard to find employer to give LMO because even me i want to apply to different company. :)