+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for work permit with approved LMIA and received letter saying TR approved

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
A friend of mine applied for Work permit, and the letter he received says TEMPORARY RESIDENCE approved. Is this normal ? Or am is he being scammed ? When will he receive his work permit ? Please help, i am really worried for him

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
A friend of mine applied for Work permit, and the letter he received says TEMPORARY RESIDENCE approved. Is this normal ? Or am is he being scammed ? When will he receive his work permit ? Please help, i am really worried for him
So friend had approved LMIA and applied for a closed work permit with no assistance from an agent? Does friend have access to IRCC account? Post letter.

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
Here is the letter he received and i have removed person info

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Passport requirements

Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.

There must be at least one blank page in your passport.

Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.

Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.

Note: For super visa applications, passports must be submitted to a visa application centre outside Canada for insertion of a visitor visa.

To find out where to send your passport, visit our website: https://www.canada.ca/content/canada site/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Here is the letter he received and i have removed person info

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Passport requirements

Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.

There must be at least one blank page in your passport.

Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.

Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.

Note: For super visa applications, passports must be submitted to a visa application centre outside Canada for insertion of a visitor visa.

To find out where to send your passport, visit our website: https://www.canada.ca/content/canada site/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
But who did the email come from? What does it say in GCKey account? Friend should follow instructions for passport stamping.

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
I feel something fishy about this whole thing.

The employer is asking for money, but only after visa stamping. I tried to warn my friend taking/giving money for LMIA is illegal. The LMIA he sent, had employer info that looked totally fake (google maps showing some random street and the company website is BS). Yet he received PP request !!!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I feel something fishy about this whole thing.

The employer is asking for money, but only after visa stamping. I tried to warn my friend taking/giving money for LMIA is illegal. The LMIA he sent, had employer info that looked totally fake (google maps showing some random street and the company website is BS). Yet he received PP request !!!!
Can you post the company name and LMIA? Does the job offer - free food, accommodations, airfare, transportation etc. That would be fake. Where is the email address of PP request?

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
Can you post the company name and LMIA? Does the job offer - free food, accommodations, airfare, transportation, etc? That would be fake. Where is the email address of PP request?
I am trying to get the email address/ website he got this info from. About the LMIA, he received one and when checked it had some info mismatch, and then he received another updated one and since then I have been warning this is all wrong. No, the LMIA doesn't promise food and accommodation. I will try to copy the info from PDF and post it here. Meanwhile here is the employer info

Employer info on the 1st one

2709762 Ontario Inc.
112 Main street
L7G 3E4

Employer info on the 2nd one is

2635163 Ontario Inc
120 Rutherford Rd S
Brampton, Ontario
L6W 3J5

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am trying to get the email address/ website he got this info from. About the LMIA, he received one and when checked it had some info mismatch, and then he received another updated one and since then I have been warning this is all wrong. No, the LMIA doesn't promise food and accommodation. I will try to copy the info from PDF and post it here. Meanwhile here is the employer info

Employer info on the 1st one

2709762 Ontario Inc.
112 Main street
L7G 3E4

Employer info on the 2nd one is

2635163 Ontario Inc
120 Rutherford Rd S
Brampton, Ontario
L6W 3J5
So second place is a flooring store.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If trying to count 50 points, you need an approved LMIA exemption and then apply for a closed work permit. Then you work in canada for a year to claim the points.

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
If trying to count 50 points, you need an approved LMIA exemption and then apply for a closed work permit. Then you work in canada for a year to claim the points.
This person is not in Canada, he is trying to get in here. And no idea what his future intentions are. I don't think he is "counting" on any points. He is a friend of a friend and have been trying my best to warn them. But I guess people somehow want to land in Canada and are least worried about the process.I highly doubt there is money involved.

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
So second place is a flooring store.
what about the 1st address? Google Maps shows some random street and cant find any company there.