+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for visitor visa since September 2023

tahaali23

Aug 20, 2019
Hello,

I have a valid study permit in Canada; however, I am currently outside of Canada (in Jordan) and my visa stamp on the passport has expired before I left Canada.

I came here to Jordan as a visit to my family, and a month after my visit I applied for the visitor visa to Canada so I can get back there to finish my studies (Although I've taken online classes this semester).

My status on the tracker shows:
Biometrics- Completed
Medical- I don't need to take it
Eligibility- Completed since November 4, 2023
Background Check- In progress since November 4, 2023

So do I need to be concerned since it's taking so long? Does it usually take this long for (Given that I already have a valid study permit until July 31st of this year)?

Any clarifying help would be appreciated

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I have a valid study permit in Canada; however, I am currently outside of Canada (in Jordan) and my visa stamp on the passport has expired before I left Canada.

I came here to Jordan as a visit to my family, and a month after my visit I applied for the visitor visa to Canada so I can get back there to finish my studies (Although I've taken online classes this semester).

My status on the tracker shows:
Biometrics- Completed
Medical- I don't need to take it
Eligibility- Completed since November 4, 2023
Background Check- In progress since November 4, 2023

So do I need to be concerned since it's taking so long? Does it usually take this long for (Given that I already have a valid study permit until July 31st of this year)?

Any clarifying help would be appreciated
Hopefully you will get a response soon but processing is around 270 days. When did you leave Canada? How long have you been online?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

tahaali23

Aug 20, 2019
Hopefully you will get a response soon but processing is around 270 days. When did you leave Canada? How long have you been online?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Thank you, I did check that, but when I applied it only said 75 days and it passed that and I didn't get anything. Then it was moved up to 90 days, it also passed that time and no response either. So it passed so many of their dates, yet no response. I left Canada on August. I didn't understand, online where?
Also, in my case, do you think there will be a rejection?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you, I did check that, but when I applied it only said 75 days and it passed that and I didn't get anything. Then it was moved up to 90 days, it also passed that time and no response either. So it passed so many of their dates, yet no response. I left Canada on August. I didn't understand, online where?
Also, in my case, do you think there will be a rejection?
Are you full time now? How long have you been studying online full time? Have you take an official leave? How many semesters have you lost?

tahaali23

Aug 20, 2019
Are you full time now? How long have you been studying online full time? Have you take an official leave? How many semesters have you lost?
I am taking three classes now, so that doesn't count as full time. Also, I have lost one semester which was last Fall, and no I haven't taken an official leave, since I was planning on getting back there before Fall starts. Since I left Canada, I lost one semester, but now I'm taking this semester online.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am taking three classes now, so that doesn't count as full time. Also, I have lost one semester which was last Fall, and no I haven't taken an official leave, since I was planning on getting back there before Fall starts. Since I left Canada, I lost one semester, but now I'm taking this semester online.
So you know that you are not eligible for a PGWP. You need to be full time except for last semester. Hopefully you will get approved soon.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What is PGWP? Also you think, I wouldn't get rejected?
A post graduate work permit. Anyways with a missed semester and now part time you will not be eligible for a work permit when you finish your studies. Are you at a DLI that is eligible for PGWP? Can’t tell you about rejection. All you can do is wait.

tahaali23

Aug 20, 2019
A post graduate work permit. Are you at a DLI that is eligible for PGWP? Can’t tell you about rejection. All you can do is wait.
Yes my university is eligible, but once I get back I will take two classes in Summer then 4 in Fall so these would count as full time. However, it does say on my account on the university's website that I am a full time student actually. Also, yes I have been waiting for such a long time, but do you think that since eligibility is completed is that good news?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes my university is eligible, but once I get back I will take two classes in Summer then 4 in Fall so these would count as full time. However, it does say on my account on the university's website that I am a full time student actually. Also, yes I have been waiting for such a long time, but do you think that since eligibility is completed is that good news?
Nothing to do with your account. When you apply for a PGWP you submit your transcript and it will show that you didn’t study for a semester and then part time for another. So you are no longer eligible for PGWP. You can only be a part time student for the last semester. If eligibility is completed you may have an answer soon.

tahaali23

Aug 20, 2019
Nothing to do with your account. When you apply for a PGWP you submit your transcript and it will show that you didn’t study for a semester and then part time for another. So you are no longer eligible for PGWP. You can only be a part time student for the last semester. If eligibility is completed you may have an answer soon.
I am not looking to work there once I'm done with my studies to be honest. I will know what I will need to do once my studies are finished. I know but it has been completed since November 4, so I'm pretty sure that's a long time.