+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for Visitor visa for my mother - Did not apply under Super Visa - Would this be a problem?

cooldim84

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Forum mates,

I am a Canadian PR living here in Toronto since 2015 and I applied Visitor visa (online) for my mother from Srilanka. I did not apply it through Super Visa as it is so expensive to get a insurance and also my mother is not intending to stay here more than 3 months per visit.

I submitted my application on 15th June and they call for biometrics on 19th June and my mother submitted it on 20th June. Since then no update.

The website says processing time is 13days for visitor visa in Colombo.

Should I be worried? What are your thoughts?

Thanks!
D

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear Forum mates,

I am a Canadian PR living here in Toronto since 2015 and I applied Visitor visa (online) for my mother from Srilanka. I did not apply it through Super Visa as it is so expensive to get a insurance and also my mother is not intending to stay here more than 3 months per visit.

I submitted my application on 15th June and they call for biometrics on 19th June and my mother submitted it on 20th June. Since then no update.

Thanks!
D
Actual processing can exceed the estimated processing time published on the IRCC website. This is quite normal. IMO, there's no reason to be worried

Reactions: cooldim84

cooldim84

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actual processing can exceed the estimated processing time published on the IRCC website. This is quite normal. IMO, there's no reason to be worried

Thanks for your reply Bryanna! Appreciate it!!

Subysubhana

Mar 17, 2018
Dear Forum mates,

Thanks!
D
Hi sorry to hijack your post. I am olaplann to apply for my mother for a visit visa as well from Sri Lanka.Would you be kind enough to tell me how did you go about the process of applying online and what documents did you upload.

cooldim84

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi sorry to hijack your post. I am olaplann to apply for my mother for a visit visa as well from Sri Lanka.Would you be kind enough to tell me how did you go about the process of applying online and what documents did you upload.
Hello,

I just followed the steps in the below link and submit the application online.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/apply.html

I submitted the following documents.

1.Invitation letter
2.Proof of relationship
3.Proof of Funds (Bank statements from Sri Lanka)
4.Mother's Travel History
5.Flight Itinerary

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck with your mother's application!!

Subysubhana

Mar 17, 2018
Hello,

I just followed the steps in the below link and submit the application online.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/apply.html

I submitted the following documents.

1.Invitation letter
2.Proof of relationship
3.Proof of Funds (Bank statements from Sri Lanka)
4.Mother's Travel History
5.Flight Itinerary

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck with your mother's application!!
Thanks so much for the reply. I am in the process of gathering all the documents. My mothers visa got rejected couple of years ago, so I want to do the application the proper way this time round . Will let you know if I have any questions. Good luck to you too.

cooldim84

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know whether Canadian embassies work in Asia today? As today is the Canada day here in Toronto and its a nationwide holiday here.

tranjini

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
Attached to application
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
June 4 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2015
LANDED..........
July 8, 2015
Dear Forum mates,

Thanks!
D

Hi I just applied for my mother-in-law did you get accepted and how long did it take or what happen in your case?