+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for TRV on 11 Aug at VFS Hyderabad

formula1gp

Sep 7, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

I have applied for TRV along with my wife and son on 11 Aug thru VFS in Hyderabad. This is a visit for tourism. I linked my paper application online on 13 Aug. Since then the status online shows application under processing. The status on VFS website shows the applications are under processing in Bangalore Visa Office. I had done the airline bookings for 15th September, flying out on 15th Sep and return to India on 4th Oct and the hotel bookings in different cities in Canada accordingly. It is already 7th Sep now and there isn't any update on the application.

Do I postpone my travel dates and change my airline tickets and hotel bookings accordingly. If I do that, do I send the new booking confirmations to the Bangalore Visa Office? I have already sent an email to BGLR-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca today but I guess they don't normally reply to emails.

My point is when they process my application and if the time crosses my intended travel dates (if they start processing after 17 or 18 Sep) then those booking will not even be valid.

Please advise on what should be done. Your inputs are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

It's always best to book flights and hotels after visas are issued. Anyways.

I suggest you postpone your travel plans. You don't need to inform the visa office about these changes.

The visa officer does not consider intended travel dates/flight dates/event dates, etc when s/he assesses TRV applications. So, don't worry about the change in bookings.

You'll get the latest updates about the status of your applications in your MyCIC accounts. VFS won't have any information about the internal processing status

Cheers

SAAQadri

Sep 7, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

Hope you are doing well! I really appreciate your responses and guiding people on this forum.

I have applied for Canada TRV on Aug 1st for a business visit starting Sept 15 2017, However it is still showing under process.

Need to confirm my hotel bookings, flight tickets etc., Can you suggest what should i do?

Thanks in advance..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

Hope you are doing well! I really appreciate your responses and guidiConsiderng people on this forum.

I have applied for Canada TRV on Aug 1st for a business visit starting Sept 15 2017, However it is still showing under process.

Need to confirm my hotel bookings, flight tickets etc., Can you suggest what should i do?

Thanks in advance..
Hi,

I'm good. Thanks. Hope you're well too.

Considering it's an almost close call, I suggest you postpone your travel plans until you get a decision from IRCC. So, it would be best to not book flights or hotels until then

Cheers

formula1gp

Sep 7, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I would also like to mention we all have a valid US visa and have travelled to US last year for tourism. I did mention it in the covering letter and also submitted my previous passports for travel history along with all other relevant documents. It's pretty evident now that they haven't considered my application under the CAN+ program.
I have already linked my paper application to the online account. The status there doesn't change, its the same since 13th August when I linked my application. It's the page which shows eligibility status,biometrics, interview, medical tests, background checks, final decision etc. Is this the My CIC account or is that something different I'm not aware of.
Till now they haven't even started reviewing my eligibility yet. Wonder what's going on. Do they change the status on real time basis or does it get updated every few days. All I can see is that I have been given an application Number and a UCI number.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I would also like to mention we all have a valid US visa and have travelled to US last year for tourism. I did mention it in the covering letter and also submitted my previous passports for travel history along with all other relevant documents. It's pretty evident now that they haven't considered my application under the CAN+ program.
Quite true. Your application is not being processed under CAN+.

I have already linked my paper application to the online account. The status there doesn't change, its the same since 13th August when I linked my application. It's the page which shows eligibility status,biometrics, interview, medical tests, background checks, final decision etc. Is this the My CIC account or is that something different I'm not aware of.
Yes, this is your online account.

Till now they haven't even started reviewing my eligibility yet. Wonder what's going on. Do they change the status on real time basis or does it get updated every few days. All I can see is that I have been given an application Number and a UCI number.
Status is changed on a real-time basis. It could take up to 24 hours for a new status to appear in your online account after it has been updated in the system by the visa office staff

Your application is certainly being processed, but internal visa processes/checks won't appear in the status updates which you see in your online account.

As processing has passed the IRCC estimate, you can send an email to the relevant visa office + a Case Specific Enquiry (Web form) to request IRCC for an expedited decision

formula1gp

Sep 7, 2017
I have emailed the Bangalore Visa office and also sent a case specific enquiry today. Hope to hear from them soon.
Once again thanks for your valuable inputs.
Appreciate them.

SAAQadri

Sep 7, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

My status on VFS website changed today. It says the "processed passport have been dispatched from Visa application centre"
How can i know if its approved or no..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

My status on VFS website changed today. It says the "processed passport have been dispatched from Visa application centre"
How can i know if its approved or no..
Hi,

There's no way of knowing until you get your passport back. If you applied from India, you could get it tomorrow by Blue Dart Couriers

Hope you've been issued a TRV :)

SHIRIN.BMW

Jan 22, 2017
As processing has passed the IRCC estimate, you can send an email to the relevant visa office + a Case Specific Enquiry (Web form) to request IRCC for an expedited decision[/QUOTE]

Dear Bryanna,

I have applied online. How do i know which office is processing my application? So that i can send a CSE.