+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for TRV, and it's been more than 40 days with no reply

riley72509

Oct 20, 2014
Hi, I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help. I've been browsing the forum and it seems that there is no "answer" to timelines regarding passport deliveries, but not much on delayed application processing times. Hopefully I can hear from anyone with a similar case. I'm Filipino, applying in Singapore VAC (I work in SG) for a TRV. My parents, sister, sister's family are all in Canada. I applied online last August for a TRV, and got rejected, with family ties one of the reason for my rejection (can't do anything about that), and not enough funds as another reason. This first online application took only 3 days to get the rejection notice.

After that, I applied for US visa, and got approved. So I applied again for Canada and included my US visa as additional proof of documents, along with additional financial documents. I did the exact same thing (online), but this time, it's been more than 40 days and I have not heard a peep from them. I've tried emailing, but all I get were auto replies. According to the processing times, it's only supposed to take 20 days for Singapore VAC to handle your application. But it's been already double that. I've read in this forum that if approved, and they request for your passport, you also don't know when they will return your passport (hit and miss on how long will it take).

The reason I'm going to Canada is to attend our family reunion in December. If I end up getting rejected for a visa, I will go to US where my family can meet me (very expensive for all of us, but no choice). If visa gets approved, I don't know how long it will take to get the passport, and if it's enough time to book my flights (flights are damn expensive for Christmas season :( and the longer I wait the higher the fares go up).

Hope to hear from anyone with a similar case.... Thanks in advance :)

fortunezim

Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Im kinda in the same boat as you. I applied through Pretoria Office though. Been waiting 25 days now but processing time listed is 14 days, just keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully someone will give a helpful response. All the best.

seyifayo75

Oct 3, 2014
Hi i saw your post. i have a friend that apply online through cic singapore , its more than 20 days now with no response from them. how far with your application..........? any update yet?

riley72509

Oct 20, 2014
I've just gotten the request for my passport last Thursday. Not sure if it helped, but I did send an email earlier that day to Singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca and said that it's been more than the normal application period. I also put a "URGENT" in my subject heading and in the body I stated why I needed the response asap. However I've emailed before (not with the "URGENT" in the subject though), so I'm not really sure if it is a coincidence. You can try though.