riverphoenix

May 17, 2018
Here's my timeline for study and co-op:

Submitted online May 4 in Manila, Philippines
Medical Request May 7
Medical Done May 8
Medical Passed May 11
Request and Submitted Police Clearance May 15
Review of Eligibility May 16 - changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."
Review of Additional Documents May 16 - changed to "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded"

Do you think requesting Police Clearance is a good sign for approval?

rjb123

Apr 26, 2018
Hi guys, I have a doubt. Do they notify you by mail everyone there Is an update (like passing medical etc.) ??

Or do I have to keep checking my account regularly.

I'm just going mad with anxiety logging in every time . So just want to take a break :p

riverphoenix

May 17, 2018
Hi guys, I have a doubt. Do they notify you by mail everyone there Is an update (like passing medical etc.) ??

Or do I have to keep checking my account regularly.

I'm just going mad with anxiety logging in every time . So just want to take a break :p
They should notify you via email if there is a change or update in your account.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hello, my application also got refused. I previously applied for the Canadian study permit but my application was refused due to some reasons. I have gotten the required documents now and I intend to re-apply. Please, should I apply using my current GCkey account or do I have to revoke it and create a new GCKey account for a new application?
You dont need a new GCKey. Apply with the same. What is the reason for refusal?

ankitnimesh

Star Member
May 20, 2018
What's the reason??
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

My background - I did 12th in 2012 and joined engineering but left it in 2017 because of too many backlogs.
I got accepted in Business Diploma in management for 2018-20. My brother lives in canada and he showed his bank statement, a letter from company where he is employed. I showed nothing about what I did from 2012 to 2018, I just said I'm doing family business.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
I didn't submit enough evidence of adequate funds for my study. I've gotten the documents already, that's why I want to re-apply.
hmmm.. if you can wait for one more month then better apply for GCMS notes because the refusal letter does not really capture the visa officer's personal notes so it is difficult to know what was the real reason.

lolo1111

Star Member
May 22, 2018
hmmm.. if you can wait for one more month then better apply for GCMS notes because the refusal letter does not really capture the visa officer's personal notes so it is difficult to know what was the real reason.
Please what are GCMS notes?

The reason for the refusal was clearly stated on the letter and I asked the Visa office in my country. They said I can re-apply as soon as I can, as long as I have the required documents. There'll be no problem.

lpo

May 23, 2018
Hello,
My wife applied to study visa in London office on March 31, 2018 (54 days ago). But we have not had update yet.

Someone else waiting for a reply the London office so long?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Please what are GCMS notes?

The reason for the refusal was clearly stated on the letter and I asked the Visa office in my country. They said I can re-apply as soon as I can, as long as I have the required documents. There'll be no problem.
GCMS is the software that the immigration department uses to track, processing all kinds of visas for Canada. Every-time a visa officer works on a case, they have to put the required information and notes in there. The refusal letter is a standard letter and does not have any field or place wherein the officer can write his own notes. If you try to check the refusal letter for the other applicants who have been refused then you will find that they also have the same letter. If you want to know the details of your refusal then the only way is to get the report from the GCMS. You have to order it and its not free. You cant do it if you are not in Canada. For more details check this, https://caipsgcms.com/

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
W
Hello,
My wife applied to study visa in London office on March 31, 2018 (54 days ago). But we have not had update yet.

Someone else waiting for a reply the London office so long?
What is the processing time for your visa office? you can check that on the CIC site.

Reactions: lpo