+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for spouse

Mirza1991

Star Member
Oct 11, 2019
Hi there,

If you apply PR for your spouse when you are inland and your spouse is outland and you get the PR for spouse. There is a certain time given for the spouse for the border crossing or lets say enter in Canada to become a PR. Lets say if spouse is busy and in the middle of graduation and can come for 2-3 weeks to become PR but cannot stay longer in Canada. Is it possible for spouse to go back again for an year and complete graduation then come back again?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,

If you apply PR for your spouse when you are inland and your spouse is outland and you get the PR for spouse. There is a certain time given for the spouse for the border crossing or lets say enter in Canada to become a PR. Lets say if spouse is busy and in the middle of graduation and can come for 2-3 weeks to become PR but cannot stay longer in Canada. Is it possible for spouse to go back again for an year and complete graduation then come back again?

Thanks
Yes there will be an expiry date on the COPR. As long as the spouse meets their RO they are fine to leave Canada and return at a later date. If their spouse is living in Canada they will likely become a resident for tax purposes even if they are living outside Canada.

dell11

Dec 10, 2020
I am going to apply for a visa but I have not enough knowledge about it, also read many blogs but I could not get proper guidance. Please guide :(

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
student visa
So you need acceptance into a Canadian university or college, then apply for a study permit. Pay first year tuition and show a minimum of $10,000. Show career progression and why Canadian program will help your career in your home country.