July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I don't understand. What reason would someone from india wanting refugee status in Australia give?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rupeshhari said:
I don't understand. What reason would someone from india wanting refugee status in Australia give?
Good Question. I'd like to know as well. Unless, he is from Punjab.

However, whether refugee or asylum seeker, as long as you do not have a criminal record, you should be fine with Canadian Immigration. You will also have to answer the questions truthfully when filling the necessary forms. That is very important and that is the reason why they ask that question anyway.

shaikh

Aug 13, 2009
Rupeshhari & BobbyB,

I don't know about Indians from other part of country, but those from communally sensitive places provide reason of communal riots that often takes place in their city, especially those who are from Ahmedabad, Baroda, Mumbai. Most of them fabricate the story of threat to their life due to enmity with their Muslim or Hindu counterparts. However, they themselves know that their refugee protection urge will not be accepted by the the immigration department of respective countries, but they just would want to have sufficient time to work and make money before they are asked to leave that country.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaikh said:
Rupeshhari & BobbyB,

I don't know about Indians from other part of country, but those from communally sensitive places provide reason of communal riots that often takes place in their city, especially those who are from Ahmedabad, Baroda, Mumbai. Most of them fabricate the story of threat to their life due to enmity with their Muslim or Hindu counterparts. However, they themselves know that their refugee protection urge will not be accepted by the the immigration department of respective countries, but they just would want to have sufficient time to work and make money before they are asked to leave that country.
Fair Enough.

deep117

Jun 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have same situation ...that i was living in Australia as Refugee...and now i want to apply for canada.
Today i got my PCC from australia its clear...So now i hope canadain immigration will not create any problem becuse that.

Please senior reply on this..........,while staying in Australia ..i have applied Tourist visa for NewZeeland & USA. but both was rejected by visa officer becuase of he was not satisfied with my documents. So now do i have to mention that as well or not. If i mention do you think there will be any problem.
becuase i don't have any document from that both embassies..only have stamps on my old passport.

Dear friends please reply
Thanks.

deep117

Jun 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear BobbyB ,

Good Question. I'd like to know as well. Unless, he is from Punjab.

However, whether refugee or asylum seeker, as long as you do not have a criminal record, you should be fine with Canadian Immigration. You will also have to answer the questions truthfully when filling the necessary forms. That is very important and that is the reason why they ask that question anyway.

Can you please explain your comments in more briefly on my highlight point.

Thank you

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
There used to be an insurgency in Punjab so some people may want to leave.
You can read about it here if you want - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punjab_insurgency

deep117

Jun 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ohhh okkk... agree...

Can you please reply on below info...

i have same situation ...that i was living in Australia as Refugee...and now i want to apply for canada.
Today i got my PCC from australia its clear...So now i hope canadain immigration will not create any problem becuse that.

Please senior reply on this..........,while staying in Australia ..i have applied Tourist visa for NewZeeland & USA. but both was rejected by visa officer becuase of he was not satisfied with my documents. So now do i have to mention that as well or not. If i mention do you think there will be any problem.
becuase i don't have any document from that both embassies..only have stamps on my old passport.

Dear friends please reply
Thanks.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rupeshhari said:
There used to be an insurgency in Punjab so some people may want to leave.
You can read about it here if you want - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punjab_insurgency
Exactly.
Thanks Rupesh. If we know about that, then I am sure deep117 knows about that too.

deep117

Jun 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One of my very dear friend form punjab and living with me...According to him http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punjab_insurgency this information was true but that time was nightmare for punjab.Current situation of punjab ... Healthy economy wise, culture wise and much better living standard according to campare with other states of india.

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
If you would apply as a refugee without any large insurgency in the place where you come from, perhaps someone from Punjab would have more recourse to refugee status where there was actual insurgency even if it was long time ago. Think about that.

deep117

Jun 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats way many people from punjab apply refugee...but right now immigration knows very well there is no problem any more..so none of them get approvel

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
I am not sure why anyone would get approval for refugee status if there is no war. It makes sense for people from Kashmir, Swat valley, Sri Lanka, DRC, Somalia, etc because they have real wars. Also for political asylum applications from places like Iran (but not sure if this is refugee or asylum status).

Rojan

Jul 4, 2009
hi to everyone,
Need some answers to my queries...
I also applied for a refugee visa in Australia in 1996 and got the decision in 1998 which I was not granted. I went back to my home country and applied for an immigrant visa in 1999 but i was also denied since i don't have enough working experience. In 2007, I again applied for a visitors/tourist visa which i was granted so i was able to back in Australia as a tourist. Presently, I'm working here in the middle east.

I'm planning to apply in Canada under FSW category , will my application be affected as I have applied before as a refugee and immigrant in Australia but was denied.

I'm also applying for my police certificate in Australia, will i let the AFP send the result of my NPC direct to the Canadian office in London where my papers will be process or i will let them send the report back to me and i will be the one to send it in London office with my other documents?

Thanks in advance. God Bless and Goodluck to all.

deep117

Jun 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you mention in your application that you have applied Refugee in australia ...if yes ..then see comments provided accordly by our seniors ...that you don't need to worried about that. please give some more info about your application status .... becuase i m also in same boat.