+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for PR renewal after DM, can that push Oath ceremony forward?

LazyLinh

Star Member
May 25, 2021
As mentioned, I've had my DM since Feb 08 and still haven't heard back for oath. So end of May I applied for PR card renewal. Now June 07-08 I got two ghost updates, changing my status to In progress then back to DM again.

They still haven't filed my PR application. Now is that a good sign that the PR application caused them to poke around my file and schedule an oath for me, or do they not care and will still file the PR soon? Have anyone else been in this situation?

hizzoscott

Jan 21, 2012
that PR renewal will go nowhere . respond to the email that sent your test invite, let them know you have been waiting and file for the notes that is what worked for me. check my TL in sig

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
As mentioned, I've had my DM since Feb 08 and still haven't heard back for oath. So end of May I applied for PR card renewal. Now June 07-08 I got two ghost updates, changing my status to In progress then back to DM again.

They still haven't filed my PR application. Now is that a good sign that the PR application caused them to poke around my file and schedule an oath for me, or do they not care and will still file the PR soon? Have anyone else been in this situation?
Sorry I never been in tht situation.....
But just wondering..
Are you going to go to outside of Canada?
Mine, expired too and got DM last 2 weeks.. I don't bother to renew my it since I don't go anywhere also, the process of renewal will be hassle too lol

To be clear about your application, you might go to your MP and they will ask further to immigration

Cheers

LazyLinh

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Are you going to go to outside of Canada?
Mine, expired too and got DM last 2 weeks.. I don't bother to renew my it since I don't go anywhere also, the process of renewal will be hassle too lol
Yah I want to travel in couple of months. I was just like you thinking it's a hassel, but the PR app was actually really easy to fill out, plus better to have if/when you have sudden plans ¯\(◉‿◉)/¯

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Yah I want to travel in couple of months. I was just like you thinking it's a hassel, but the PR app was actually really easy to fill out, plus better to have if/when you have sudden plans ¯\(◉‿◉)/¯
haha we are in the same though lol...
I dont mind to fill out hundred files if they have a fixed processing time.
I know every person has different case.. but this morning my friend in different city, texted me, been 7 months after applied and she never get any PR card renewal. that kinda hassle that i hate - waiting and waiting...

anyhow good luck girl