+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for PR from inside Canada

M.barakat

Feb 23, 2016
Hi Everyone.
I would like to get info on PR. I arrived in Canada in september 2014 and got married to a canadian citizen. My husband sponsored me and we sent all the application forms and documents with fees to immigration canada in June 2015.
As everyone we know told us that processing from within Canada takes less time but I read on their site and they say it takes more time than to apply from outside canada. Anyhow no that it's been 8 months almost and I didn't get Québec selection letter as we are supposed to get and neither did we get any other information regarding our application. We sent documents by post so we cant even Track my application. I just have my payment receipt number but it is said on the website that documents sent by post cannot be tracked.

I want to know what should we do now as my visitor visa will expire in september this year and once I leave I won't be able to come back until I get my PR which we don't even know if it's under process. Is there anyone with the similar situation as mine or someone who can help me as to what should we do next.

I will be really grateful.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
So you didn't use a tracking number when you sent your application? ???

Have you tried using your receipt number or UCI number in ECAS? The postal tracking number has nothing to do with your actual application, that is just to make sure CIC actually gets your application in the mail.

With inland, you may or may not get an AOR. This is usually sent by email (assuming you put an email address on your application). Not hearing anything is not uncommon, it takes 17 months just to get approval in principal with inland.

Try using your receipt number AND your UCI number that you have on your current visa and report back. Assuming you are in the system you can just apply for an open work permit before September which will take care of your upcoming status issue (assuming you are actually in status).

You say you've been in Canada since September 2014, so have you been renewing your status this whole time?

M.barakat

Feb 23, 2016
No we didn't use tracking number I believe :(

And I didn't receive AOR that's why I am worried because usually they say it should arrive after 2 3 months. Anyways I keep checking with my receipt number but do not find anything.

One more question, when you enter canada as a visitor immigration officer stamps for 6 months and you ca extend that stay right? and we did that one month before I had to leave as mentioned on the site and I got reply from them and they asked for my medical tests which we sent right away and now I get email from them saying that there hasn't been any update in your application every month since they received my reports.
Does this have to do anything with my PR application?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
But what does your ECAS say? https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/

Forlorn

Oct 25, 2014
hello barakat . i applied also inland on june and got open work permit already and ARO also but still i also cant check my file updates, i got ARO after 4 month . keep praying ...

M.barakat

Feb 23, 2016
I checked just now and it said...
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:

M.barakat

Feb 23, 2016
Forlorn said:
hello barakat . i applied also inland on june and got open work permit already and ARO also but still i also cant check my file updates, i got ARO after 4 month . keep praying ...
That's great. I hope and pray I get ARO soon too. But can I ask from which province did you apply? Québec?