+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applied for Post Graduation Work Permit then left the country

roadmate88

Jan 23, 2011
Hey guys

so i applied for a Post Graduation Work Permit, and then i left the country before i receieved my permit. i made my application online through MyCIC when i was residing in Canada, after i left Canada i tried to check if my application was issued, i called this number 1-888-242-2100 but it didnt work from outside canada, i sent them an email, but they never got back to me,

does anyone know a way to find out if i was issued a PGWP. if yes How?

Thank You

seshadrr

Feb 9, 2016
Hello
so wat happened next can you please update your status and how did you get ur PGWP?
please share your experience

I am in same situation

smartcanuck

Sep 29, 2009
You must have valid study permit when you apply for post graduate work permit. While your application is being processed, you have implied status allowing you to stay in Canada and work.

When you leave Canada during this process while you study permit is expired, you lose the implied status and according to my understanding become ineligible for post graduate work permit.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

smartcanuck said:
You must have valid study permit when you apply for post graduate work permit. While your application is being processed, you have implied status allowing you to stay in Canada and work.

When you leave Canada during this process while you study permit is expired, you lose the implied status and according to my understanding become ineligible for post graduate work permitis
1, You lose implied status, so if you return before PGwp is issued, you can't work or study.
2. The OP is still eligible for a PGWP,if s/he leaves,