+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for PGWP and spouse OWP

Plethora

Aug 15, 2018
Hi....I am a post graduation diploma student in canada and I completed my full time 2 year course in May 2018, and applied for PGWP for me and OWP for my husband on June 2nd 2018. But still didn’t get any update/confirmation from CIC....my study permit is going to expire on 31st August.

Does anyone have applied like this before and got visa for both together?

If I want to get OWP for my husband do I need to work?
My husband has a A level job, so can he get a OWP without my NOC?

Please answer my query....

Thanks....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi....I am a post graduation diploma student in canada and I completed my full time 2 year course in May 2018, and applied for PGWP for me and OWP for my husband on June 2nd 2018. But still didn’t get any update/confirmation from CIC....my study permit is going to expire on 31st August.

Does anyone have applied like this before and got visa for both together?

If I want to get OWP for my husband do I need to work?
My husband has a A level job, so can he get a OWP without my NOC?

Please answer my query....

Thanks....
To qualify to apply for your husband's OWP, you must have a job that is NOC A, B or 0. If you do not have a job that meets these requirements, your husband's OWP application is going to be refused.

No - your husband cannot apply for an OWP on his own.

Plethora

Aug 15, 2018
Thank you for your reply......

We applied for work permit online together, it’s been 2.5 months but didn’t get any update from cic to upload any additional documents and no updates yet....

Will they give PGWP for me or not? and what about my husband’s OWP, because Borge have visa till August 31st only.....

Is there any problem to go to border POE and apply for PGWP?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply......

We applied for work permit online together, it’s been 2.5 months but didn’t get any update from cic to upload any additional documents and no updates yet....

Will they give PGWP for me or not? and what about my husband’s OWP, because Borge have visa till August 31st only.....

Is there any problem to go to border POE and apply for PGWP?
Your PGWP will be approved. The OWP is a different matter.

Do you have a job? Is it NOC A, B or 0? Did you include proof that you have a job and are working in the application?

Plethora

Aug 15, 2018
No actually.....I don’t have a job right now

While applying for my husband also they didn’t ask for any documents regarding my job...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No actually.....I don’t have a job right now

While applying for my husband also they didn’t ask for any documents regarding my job...
His OWP is going to be refused in that case. It's up to you to provide the documents required to support your application.

You'll need to reapply for the OWP once you have a job that is NOC A, B or 0.

Plethora

Aug 15, 2018
Ok, thank you for your information....I didn’t get any reply from the CIC yet. Let’s hope for the best....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
On top of the job you will need 3 pay stubs and a letter confirming your full-time job and duties. Your husband should be speaking to his employer because he won't be able to work as of September 1st. It will likely be a couple of months if you haven't found a job yet.

Plethora

Aug 15, 2018
I have one more query, we already applied online but didn’t get any update as of now....,we are thinking to go to Canada border and apply for both PGWP and SOWP, in that case my husband is a contractor and working for the Premier bank, so can he apply work permit on that basis, because I don’t have a job right now.....Please clarify

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have one more query, we already applied online but didn’t get any update as of now....,we are thinking to go to Canada border and apply for both PGWP and SOWP, in that case my husband is a contractor and working for the Premier bank, so can he apply work permit on that basis, because I don’t have a job right now.....Please clarify
No, he can't apply for a work permit on that basis.

I suggest he apply to change his status to visitor ASAP so that he is not in Canada illegally after his current permit expires.

Reactions: scylla

drechida

Dec 19, 2017
Hi please advise. Did CIC get back to you. Did you go to the boader?