+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for open work permit and submitted 5257 (TRV form) in optional documents

ashrafa123

Sep 6, 2017
Hi all,

I have received postdoctoral research fellow offer from UBC. I have to join from 1st January 2017. I applied for work permit and my wife applied for open work permit. In optional documents we submitted 5257 (TRV forms). After the submission of application i found that TRV form (5257) is not needed for work permit and closed work permit. Will the submitted optional 5257 (TRV form) effect our work permit applications? Your kind comments will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Swapna26

Apr 25, 2017
Hi all,

I have received postdoctoral research fellow offer from UBC. I have to join from 1st January 2017. I applied for work permit and my wife applied for open work permit. In optional documents we submitted 5257 (TRV forms). After the submission of application i found that TRV form (5257) is not needed for work permit and closed work permit. Will the submitted optional 5257 (TRV form) effect our work permit applications? Your kind comments will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Optional documents are required to make your visa application and its purpose stronger.

IMM 5257 would not affect the primary application unless the information provided in it CONTRADICTS to any information provided in the primary (Work Permit) application.

ashrafa123

Sep 6, 2017
Optional documents are required to make your visa application and its purpose stronger.

IMM 5257 would not affect the primary application unless the information provided in it CONTRADICTS to any information provided in the primary (Work Permit) application.
Swapna26

Thanks a lot for the comment.

ashrafa123

Sep 6, 2017

Dear Sawpna26,

I have one more question. we did our medical exams on 19th of September (upfront) and submitted applications for work permit on 20th of September, but even 21 days there is no update for medical results in my online account. Do you have any idea why it is taking so long? and normally how long it takes to update the medical results?

Thank You,

Swapna26

Apr 25, 2017
Dear Sawpna26,

I have one more question. we did our medical exams on 19th of September (upfront) and submitted applications for work permit on 20th of September, but even 21 days there is no update for medical results in my online account. Do you have any idea why it is taking so long? and normally how long it takes to update the medical results?

Thank You,
This is a million dollar question!

As you might be already aware of, processing times depend on many factors like country, type of application, number of applications being processed in the visa office etc. - you can check your time here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/times/index.asp

And as far as waiting time in concerned, I am myself waiting for some updates in the application - SOWP submitted on 3rd July. During my submission, the processing time was 12 weeks, which have already passed. Have submitted a CSE, but no updates on it either.

So now its all just a waiting game. :) Good luck with that!

Hope you get some updates soon!

Reactions: shaam

ashrafa123

Sep 6, 2017
This is a million dollar question!

As you might be already aware of, processing times depend on many factors like country, type of application, number of applications being processed in the visa office etc. - you can check your time here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/times/index.asp

And as far as waiting time in concerned, I am myself waiting for some updates in the application - SOWP submitted on 3rd July. During my submission, the processing time was 12 weeks, which have already passed. Have submitted a CSE, but no updates on it either.

So now its all just a waiting game. :) Good luck with that!

Hope you get some updates soon!

Hi Swapna26

Did you receive your SOWP?