+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for Grant Citizenship test in Nov 2016...still waiting

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
Dear all,

I applied for my citizenship application in Nov 16, passed my citizenship exam in May 2017. However, since then nothing happened. I requested for ATIP twice and in both occasions it says:

" Application put on HOLD as per IRCC Edmonton"

This is quiet frustrating. I am sick and tired of this waiting time which is almost 18 months. Apparently everything is in order as per ATIP records.

Can anyone advise, what action can be done as call centre also not receiving calls and automated message says check status online which hasn't been changed since May 2017.

Please suggest what action should be taken to expediate this. I am fed up of this.

Much appreciated.

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
Thanks for your prompt response- much appreciated.

Did you mean Residency Questionnaire?. Yes I got in January this year and I responded in February this year with all the residency evidences.
I have never been outside the Canada for the last 5 years and always live in a Province which gave me nomination in the first place.
By the way what does Non routine scenario mean?

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Thanks for your prompt response- much appreciated.

Did you mean Residency Questionnaire?. Yes I got in January this year and I responded in February this year with all the residency evidences.
I have never been outside the Canada for the last 5 years and always live in a Province which gave me nomination in the first place.
By the way what does Non routine scenario mean?
If you receive RQ (Residency Questionnaire) and your application has passed 12 months of processing then its considered a non-routine application. Routine applications are processed within 12 months.

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
If you receive RQ (Residency Questionnaire) and your application has passed 12 months of processing then its considered a non-routine application. Routine applications are processed within 12 months.
Thanks for your valuable response. Do you have any idea how long would it take further and why I was chosen for this non routine application. Even though all of my documentations are in order?

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Thanks for your valuable response. Do you have any idea how long would it take further and why I was chosen for this non routine application. Even though all of my documentations are in order?
what does your ATIP says about residency is it passed or in progress ?

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Unfortunately NO idea. You could send them an email just to follow up with them or call the call centre to see the status on your application.

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
what does your ATIP says about residency is it passed or in progress ?
Screening, Knowledge, Language: Passed.
Criminality Clearance: In progress (although in some status it says Passed)
Residency, intend to reside, Oath: Not started

All above were last updated in November 2017. Since then no change.

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
Unfortunately NO idea. You could send them an email just to follow up with them or call the call centre to see the status on your application.
Thanks. As I said above, they have automated service which says they no longer receive calls an just keep checking online status.

If you are aware of any other contact number, would you please advise?

Much appreciated.

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Thanks. As I said above, they have automated service which says they no longer receive calls an just keep checking online status.

If you are aware of any other contact number, would you please advise?

Much appreciated.
I usually call them first thing in the morning 8am EST and if not the first time I get through in the waiting line after calling 3-4 times.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Time to get your local area's MP involved......contact them ASAP and get their assistance.