+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for citizenship and left the country for treatment

salkab

Apr 9, 2015
Hello members, my wife applied for citizenship and then after 6 months of application she left the country to meet family and also for treatment. She already spent 150 days and may stay further for 30-60 days. Haven’t done with the test yet. Question is that is there an issue if she started outside Canada for more than 180 days. Note that period of assessment for citizenship she stayed In full stretch without any exit. TIA

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hello members, my wife applied for citizenship and then after 6 months of application she left the country to meet family and also for treatment. She already spent 150 days and may stay further for 30-60 days. Haven’t done with the test yet. Question is that is there an issue if she started outside Canada for more than 180 days. Note that period of assessment for citizenship she stayed In full stretch without any exit. TIA
Same. See my signature.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
No, this is not a problem at all.

Problem would have been if she was not meeting her PR obligations (2 years in last 5 years) or citizenship requirements (3 years in last 5 years and if your application was returned).

You're all good.

Reactions: salkab

salkab

Apr 9, 2015
No, this is not a problem at all.

Problem would have been if she was not meeting her PR obligations (2 years in last 5 years) or citizenship requirements (3 years in last 5 years and if your application was returned).

You're all good.
thank you so much. My wife is worried if this would flag anything. Your reply has given a relief.