+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for Canada work permit

gurpreet3

Dec 4, 2017
Hi, my husband had applied for a work permit, go a positive LMIA also. And sent passports in January 2018 to US embassy for work permit stamp. But now its above 3 months, we didn't recieve any update from them. My lawyer says that we have to wait. I just want to ask how long will it take to get any update from them.

Harmanhira87

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Don’t know much about applying from within canada but sending Passports to US embassy for a CANADIAN visa doesn’t sound right

Harmanhira87

Star Member
May 7, 2018
You should consult another immigration lawyer . You can only send passport to us embassy if you have applied for any type of american visa

Harmanhira87

Star Member
May 7, 2018
you should ask him your application number and UCI number and then link your account to online. Another thing is if you meant flagpole(sending passports to another country) you need to be physically present at us borderwith passports to do it.you should immidieately ask your lawyer the numbers.furthurmore processing times for work permit inside canada are 5 weeks(yours has exceeded 12 weeks)

gurpreet3

Dec 4, 2017
you should ask him your application number and UCI number and then link your account to online. Another thing is if you meant flagpole(sending passports to another country) you need to be physically present at us borderwith passports to do it.you should immidieately ask your lawyer the numbers.furthurmore processing times for work permit inside canada are 5 weeks(yours has exceeded 12 weeks)
One more question, as we received positive LMIA, so we have posibifor approval?