+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for bridging visa on expiration day of temporary visa

beesutts

Mar 20, 2018
Today is the expiration date on my temporary work visa. I arrived in the country 12th May 2016 and the expiration date is 11 May 2018.

I was hoping to have everything submitted on 10 May 2018 however there were some problems with the PDFs and I ended up not getting it finished until the early hours of the morning on the 11th.

If my expiry date is the 11th does that give me until 11.59pm on that day to still be able to submit it and go onto implied status?

In addition to this, in the rush and panic of getting everything uploaded I actually put the postcode of where I live in wrong. I tried to change it on the document but because it was verified (the signature thing) i couldn't - so I corrected the mistake in my letter of explanation. Will this be a problem?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi there,

You're really pushing the envelope aren't you? And there is nothing wrong with that. For your first question, technically your visa expires once you go into 11th, that means 11:59PM on 10th is your last minute. This being said, there is nothing to worry about really, it's just couple of hours of buffer. Completely understandable.

For your last question, I don't see any problem. You made a mistake and you explained why. As simple as that. So no worries there.

Just a personal advice; when you push the limits like this, it's best if you have really good and solid explanations in case it raises any red flags down the road. Expect some questions. I'm hoping and assuming that you have already explained your situation thoroughly and sincerely in your letter, so there would be no misunderstanding.

I'm not trying to be difficult on you, I know how you feel, trust me I have been there (you can read my 5 years old posts), I'm just talking of experience. Don't worry much, keep your chin up and stay patient.