+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for 3-year PGWP, Got 1 year. All documents seem to be in order.

lolmanitoba

Aug 11, 2018
I was about to apply for 3 year PGWP in early June but my passport was due to expiry in less than a year so I applied and received a new passport instead with a expiry date of 2028.
It just seemed smarter to do it this way so I wouldn't need to apply for PGWP extension.

I submitted my documents with a new passport, paid a fee. And PGWP came through a week ago but for just 1 year and it says it's due for renewal.

It makes no sense. Does this mean I need to pay a fee again now?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Makes no sense I agree but expect the only resolution will be to apply to extend it for which there is a fee unfortunately, think is 155 CDN.

natsa

Aug 16, 2018
I was about to apply for 3 year PGWP in early June but my passport was due to expiry in less than a year so I applied and received a new passport instead with a expiry date of 2028.
It just seemed smarter to do it this way so I wouldn't need to apply for PGWP extension.

I submitted my documents with a new passport, paid a fee. And PGWP came through a week ago but for just 1 year and it says it's due for renewal.

It makes no sense. Does this mean I need to pay a fee again now?
hi ,,, please my you let me know what NOC and where you applied from, online or paper

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
hi ,,, please my you let me know what NOC and where you applied from, online or paper
Good question but a NOC is irrelevant for a PGWP application which is a post graduation temporary open work permit not an application for PR

lolmanitoba

Aug 11, 2018
In case anyone wondering: I called in to Canada Services and they fixed the issue almost right away and I had my PGWP corrected without needing to pay any fees.