+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied as Family but One Family Member could not provide biometrics as yet.

einoc@qatar

Jun 2, 2017
Hello everyone.

I have few question on TRV.

We applied as family online and 4 of us are required to provide biometrics but one of us will not be able to provide at the moment and he may not travel with us as initially planned. The other 3 has already provided biometrics at VAC. My question is: Will the Visa Office process only the application if all of us has submitted the required biometrics ?or they will process the other application that has already completed the requirements?

Would appreciate receiving a reply.

Thanks in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My question is: Will the Visa Office process only the application if all of us has submitted the required biometrics ?or they will process the other application that has already completed the requirements?
Processing will start when an application is complete, including for biometrics. This means processing will start for the applicants who have given their biometrics without waiting for the fourth applicant.

You can send an email to the visa office to allow you to withdraw/cancel the fourth application. You may even get a refund

einoc@qatar

Jun 2, 2017
Thank you so much Bryanna. That really ease my worries. We dont want to cancel the application of the fourth applicant, I just want to make sure that the Visa Office will have their decision to the applications of us 3 though not receiving the 4th one's biometrics yet. He can travel the next time we go to CAN (if visas approved of course).

I have one more situation:

My other son has made an application separately online. He is currently in the US for his studies and will be in Qatar in 18th June. In the application, he mentioned that his current residence is US for the purpose of studies but he mentioned Qatar in "Country where you are applying". Now my question is, can he submit his biometrics in the US (while he is still there so the processing of his applications starts) and submit his passport here in Qatar VAC once they requested for it?

Thanks once again in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have one more situation:

My other son has made an application separately online. He is currently in the US for his studies and will be in Qatar in 18th June. In the application, he mentioned that his current residence is US for the purpose of studies but he mentioned Qatar in "Country where you are applying". Now my question is, can he submit his biometrics in the US (while he is still there so the processing of his applications starts) and submit his passport here in Qatar VAC once they requested for it?
Yes, this is possible. When he gets a passport request, he must email the Abu Dhabi visa office to reconfirm the passport submission