+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications "under processing" for more than 15 months and not finalized

sheeponthetree

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Are you inland in Canada?
yes, inland for 5 years and now have a very qualified job too, tho my application does not require a job offer, lang test, financial proof or anything. Only police/birth certificate.

my background is super simple as well. I do not think anyone else can be simpler than me...

Shail112

Dec 12, 2018
Have you ordered gcms note? And do you know why it's taking so long for processing? Ii take frustrating to wait this long eh!!

Shail112

Dec 12, 2018
yes, inland for 5 years and now have a very qualified job too, tho my application does not require a job offer, lang test, financial proof or anything. Only police/birth certificate.

my background is super simple as well. I do not think anyone else can be simpler than me...
Have you ordered a gxm

Rishi.soundar

Aug 7, 2019
Hello all,
I got my invitation to apply on January, 2018 and uploaded all my documents and submitted on March, 2018. It has been over a year and I still didn’t receive any kinds of updates.

Is anybody here, who may be able to shed some light on my situation? Thanks!

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Hello all,
I got my invitation to apply on January, 2018 and uploaded all my documents and submitted on March, 2018. It has been over a year and I still didn’t receive any kinds of updates.

Is anybody here, who may be able to shed some light on my situation? Thanks!
You’ll need to order GCMS notes to better understand the holdup.

Reactions: Rishi.soundar

abhinavashu

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
I have been waiting roughly 9 months, with background check still shows:
I sent a note to IRCC webform every 30 days after 6 month processing time has passed, but they keep telling me to wait.
Not sure if I should keep asking them? Any advise?

My application is being processing in Ottawa. Anyone in the same situation?
apply for gcms notes ...it will give you specifics on where you file is stuck

eninevo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Hi Friends,

I am in the same category, waiting now more than 16 months, ordered GCMS notes, i am stuck at security, dont know when and how long will it take! Tired of ever waiting. Been lifting myself up but then all of my life is stuck at Canada immigration, cant buy this, cant do this that bla bla.

Any advise guys on the waiting time or anyone got the golden email?!

Thanks in advance

ENA1

Sep 5, 2019
Good Day Folks,
I made an application for FSW and its been 26 months now. without a response. Invited for an interview over a year ago to provide clarity on some issues and nothing till this moment. The only comments on the profile is "Background Check in progress". Is there a way to escalate this issue?

Not sure of anything else that can be done at this stage as the Notes does not really states where the application is currently hanging.

Cab someone please advise?

jnz2312

May 15, 2019
Good Day Folks,
I made an application for FSW and its been 26 months now. without a response. Invited for an interview over a year ago to provide clarity on some issues and nothing till this moment. The only comments on the profile is "Background Check in progress". Is there a way to escalate this issue?

Not sure of anything else that can be done at this stage as the Notes does not really states where the application is currently hanging.

Cab someone please advise?
I think you can find out your VO and send out an email to them directly with subject as URGENT since you are clearly above the timeline they will reply. I did that few weeks ago as my application is in NDVO and they replied with current status. Hope this helps.

ENA1

Sep 5, 2019
I think you can find out your VO and send out an email to them directly with subject as URGENT since you are clearly above the timeline they will reply. I did that few weeks ago as my application is in NDVO and they replied with current status. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your response. I have sent more than 4 emails to them without a single response. The only thing i get is an auto response that signifies that they will respond within 28 days and that hardly happens each time i send such emails to them. Is there a way to escalate this issue? I am unsure of what else to do and my application is 26 months old now.