+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications processed in Pretoria

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
Oh really -was it an official email ?They sent a similar email after an enquiry as we are on 3 months after medicals and wanted an update as to what maybe going on in case we had missed some communication.Still waiting
Yes official email.. 4 month after I pass

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
Oh wow thats crazy hey -sorry whats your nationality ?Are you the P.A?Did you have travel history?I am zimbabwean and the P.A with a bit of travel history
Yes very crazy and the waiting can be killing, Am the P.A , Namibia nationality. I do have travel history, USA , South Africa .. above all Pretoria is very slow . But new update will be coming up again from Pretoria before the end of this week , just cross your fingers you may get the MR .

Vaughan

Apr 2, 2019
HI All, our application was transferred to Pretoria in April AOR 2 08.04.2019 so in the 10th week now with no request for Medical. Gckey shows biometrics received on the top right corner but below the timeline it still says " we do not need your fingerprints" has anyone else encountered this and such a long wait for MR?

I emailed and received a reply saying your application is in a queue to be reviewed, so have they not even started processing yet? Wait is killing us
Did you get an update on ECAS saying 'we started processing your application' under the PA'S account?

I find it odd that our applications would be in a queue waiting to be looked at once that update has been issued on ECAS

Last edited:

mboxkasemu

Apr 8, 2019
Yes very crazy and the waiting can be killing, Am the P.A , Namibia nationality. I do have travel history, USA , South Africa .. above all Pretoria is very slow . But new update will be coming up again from Pretoria before the end of this week , just cross your fingers you may get the MR .[/QUO

Oh so we should expect new updates this week?Its Thursday though lol

Brown_Sugar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Well guys, this is it for me... I am withdrawing the sponsorship because things are not working out with my husband. I guess he found a cute South African girlfriend and he told me to withdraw the sponsorship as he does not care to come to Canada anymore... it's unfortunate but there's not much I can do.

Good luck to all of you, it's almost over and you will soon reunited with your significant others. Hang in there :)
Sorry to hear about this. I hope you're doing ok. Trying to find a silver lining in all this and I guess the sooner you end things, the sooner you can move on with your life. Wish you all the best!

Brown_Sugar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
We submitted our application in March, so going into August would be the 5th month for us. I know it's too early to start getting anxious, but our file has been in Pretoria since May and still no medical request. I'm hoping we will get it before the end of August.

Cateyes

Sep 4, 2018
My husband and I applied for his dependent children and just got their Passport Request. Below are our timelines:

Received Application for PR - Feb. 12th 2019
AOR 1 - March 21st 2019
AOR 2 - April 8th 2019
Medical Institutions Received - June 17th 2019
Medical Passed - June 29th 2019
Pre-arrival Services - July 27th 2019
Passport Request - August 5th 2019

We waited just over a week for the passport request and had to send a follow up email to Pretoria as we expected the passport request within days after the pre-arrival services email. Fortunately they responded today with the PPR.

Reactions: Brown_Sugar

Brown_Sugar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
My husband and I applied for his dependent children and just got their Passport Request. Below are our timelines:

Received Application for PR - Feb. 12th 2019
AOR 1 - March 21st 2019
AOR 2 - April 8th 2019
Medical Institutions Received - June 17th 2019
Medical Passed - June 29th 2019
Pre-arrival Services - July 27th 2019
Passport Request - August 5th 2019

We waited just over a week for the passport request and had to send a follow up email to Pretoria as we expected the passport request within days after the pre-arrival services email. Fortunately they responded today with the PPR.
Congrats! It's good to hear Pretoria is processing rather quickly. Do you know what the average processing time is for sponsorship of dependents? Is it similar to spousal processing times?

Cateyes

Sep 4, 2018
Congrats! It's good to hear Pretoria is processing rather quickly. Do you know what the average processing time is for sponsorship of dependents? Is it similar to spousal processing times?
Yes, it's somewhat similar. Took an average of 6 months for me to sponsor my husband and it's also been 6 months for the dependent children sponsorship. But then again, all cases are different which ultimately determines the length of the length of the processing time.

Brown_Sugar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Yes, it's somewhat similar. Took an average of 6 months for me to sponsor my husband and it's also been 6 months for the dependent children sponsorship. But then again, all cases are different which ultimately determines the length of the length of the processing time.
Thanks for letting me know :)

allmm

Mar 5, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have a question about my application to sponsor my sister in the Family Class: Other relatives. The application is going well, I have added the timeline below.

Zimbabwe, where my sister is, currently has a passport crisis. The government hasn't issued passports in close to a year now. My sister has a passport but her two dependent children who are accompanying her do not have passports. They have applied for her children's passports but we do not know when they will get them. CIC Pretoria reached out and requested for medicals in May and we asked for an extension of time to wait for passports but up to now there is no word on passports. You cannot get your medicals done without a picture ID and for the kids who are 3 and 2 years old that means they need their passports. We received another email this week asking for the medicals within 60 days, CIC says if they don't receive this information within the 60 days our application will be refused.

I have checked to see if we can send a webform to list the children as non-accompanying dependents but even in that case, non-accompanying dependents have to have their medicals done in order for the applicant to be issued with PR.

My question is: Can our PR application be refused based on a circumstance that is beyond our control?

The passport crisis in Zimbabwe is something that we do not have control over. It has been covered by press and in international media outlets. I dowloaded these news sources and sent them to CIC Pretoria in our initial request for extension to get medicals email.

App sent: 25 February 2019 | App received: 1 March 2019 | AOR1: 3 April 2019 | ECAs: 3 Apr 2019| SA: 14 April 2019 | BM Request: 14 April 2019 | Biometrics done: 23 April 2019 | Med Request and additional info: 28 May 2019 | Med Request (2) and additional info: 6 August 2019