Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
IP March 2015, PPR Sep 2015
Madagascar123 said:
Acecube , Do you know how long they are taking to respond or update? I have not even got AOR from Pretoria yet
I have received AOR from Pretoria one week after I had received SA. I have never contacted them so far so I don't know how long they take to respond.

If you ever email them, I suggest you insert your file number for their ease of reference.

Marlis14

Nov 4, 2014
Does anyone have their contact number or email. I would like to ask them about my medicals as they are nearing expiry. Thanks

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
Marlis14 said:
Does anyone have their contact number or email. I would like to ask them about my medicals as they are nearing expiry. Thanks
Please refer to the link.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=pretoria&_ga=1.228865306.763561713.1421137413

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/pretoria.asp

Can you please post your timeline for our info.

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
Marlis14 said:
You can also refer to this link

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/southafrica-afriquedusud/offices-bureaux/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng

Madagascar123

Did you check your application status online using the sponsor's UCI??

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
Madagascar123 said:
yes I have
What does it indicate??

Have they received your medicals as of yet and are you in process??

ONB

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Hi,

Pretoria is having my application since July 2013 and I never get a feedback from them
Now all I did is I contacted an MP in Canada and logged a complain then Pretoria said my file still in process but they have lost my medical , they can not see it , the MP contactes me back and asks me to send the copy of proof of medical and he sends it to Pretoria then Pretoria said they are currently busy looking for it . The MP told me this is what they normally do when they know that your medical is expire . I have left the matter with the MP who is following. They said it should take 21 months , I am already at 18 months .

Madagascar123 said:
Acecube , Do you know how long they are taking to respond or update? I have not even got AOR from Pretoria yet

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
ONB said:
Hi,

Pretoria is having my application since July 2013 and I never get a feedback from them
Now all I did is I contacted an MP in Canada and logged a complain then Pretoria said my file still in process but they have lost my medical , they can not see it , the MP contactes me back and asks me to send the copy of proof of medical and he sends it to Pretoria then Pretoria said they are currently busy looking for it . The MP told me this is what they normally do when they know that your medical is expire . I have left the matter with the MP who is following. They said it should take 21 months , I am already at 18 months .
Sorry to hear about that but that's of very serious concern for all of us.

From what we have seen in this thread no PR has been granted since June 2014 and the average processing time for the Pretoria VO has lengthen considerably since then.

I just hope you hear something soon.

Are you in Canada and the principal applicant is from which country??

ONB

Star Member
May 14, 2014
My wife is in Canada and myself I am living in South Africa on a work permit since 2006. I am from the democratic republic of Congo. I have friends who got their visa in November 2014 in Pretoria , they were called when their files reached 20 months . You can not predict how much time it will take .

quote author=Acecube link=topic=53328.msg3931989#msg3931989 date=1421400045]

From what we have seen in this thread no PR has been granted since June 2014 and the average processing time for the Pretoria VO has lengthen considerably since then.

[/quote]

steph816

Star Member
Dec 21, 2009
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
13-06-2011 VO began processing 06-10-2011
Med's Request
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2011, 27-02-2012
Interview........
23-05-2012
Passport Req..
19-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2012
ONB said:
My wife is in Canada and myself I am living in South Africa on a work permit since 2006. I am from the democratic republic of Congo. I have friends who got their visa in November 2014 in Pretoria , they were called when their files reached 20 months . You can not predict how much time it will take .

quote author=Acecube link=topic=53328.msg3931989#msg3931989 date=1421400045]

Hey I am sorry to hear of the delay....very frustrating!! When we first applied, Pretoria lost our medical too! They even signed for it when DHL delivered it. In the end, our medical expired and we had no choice but to do it again, $700 later!!! Doesn't matter if it is their fault, they don't care, you want the visa, you have to redo it and pay big time for it. It is so stupid, but sadly the only option for us. On a positive note, it didn't take long after they got the second medical, fir the visa to come.

Waiting is terrible and you want to give up sometimes but trust me, it is worth it in the end when you're together. Keep yourself busy, do the things you love, and one day you'll get the visa. Best of luck!

ONB

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Thanks a lot for the motivations you are giving us and we will wait , something good will come up .

steph816 said:
Hey I am sorry to hear of the delay....very frustrating!! When we first applied, Pretoria lost our medical too! They even signed for it when DHL delivered it. In the end, our medical expired and we had no choice but to do it again, $700 later!!! Doesn't matter if it is their fault, they don't care, you want the visa, you have to redo it and pay big time for it. It is so stupid, but sadly the only option for us. On a positive note, it didn't take long after they got the second medical, fir the visa to come.

Waiting is terrible and you want to give up sometimes but trust me, it is worth it in the end when you're together. Keep yourself busy, do the things you love, and one day you'll get the visa. Best of luck!

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
ONB said:
Thanks a lot for the motivations you are giving us and we will wait , something good will come up .
Hopefully you will hear something soon and 2015 will bring luck to you :)

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
Can anyone help me please in respect of the following query.

Do I (the principal applicant) have to show or prove that I have sufficient fund while landing in Canada assuming that I get my PR??

In the affirmative, how much Canadian dollars do I have to show??

ferraridekra

Sep 8, 2014
Still waiting to hear from Pretoria.
Application for permanent residence on February 25, 2014.
Started processing your application on September 10, 2014.
Medical results have been received.
Last correspondence was them requesting for Police Clearance once again which was sent to them by DHL on 26 Sept.
Have not heard anything since then. Even sent them an email requesting them to confirm if they received the Pol Clearance but no reply.

Has anyone applied for a visit visa while their application is being processed in PTA? If so please tell us your experience?