31 07-15, AOR2 18-08-15
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-04-15
Passport Req..
30-09-15. Received passport with visa 19-11-15
Thanks Mauritiusbride..

Yes, i asked my husband to ask GMS. but since it was weekend and they were not working, I was a bit lost what to do with the csq.

But my husband talked to them today. I will be sending my hubby the csq in Mtius and he will give same to GMS to send to Pretoria..

Hope it does not take much time for me to get the PPR after the csq.

mauritiusbride

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Zaara0804 said:
Thanks Mauritiusbride..

Yes, i asked my husband to ask GMS. but since it was weekend and they were not working, I was a bit lost what to do with the csq.

But my husband talked to them today. I will be sending my hubby the csq in Mtius and he will give same to GMS to send to Pretoria..

Hope it does not take much time for me to get the PPR after the csq.
no problm but make sure you hve yr husband keep the ORIGAL CSQ with him..he can submit a copy to GSM..

Waslith

Mar 2, 2013
Mauritius
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Mauritian ppl! I was wondering from you guys experiences if its worth it to hire a consultant/lawyer for spousal sponsorship? Is it not a pretty straight forward process? When did the consultant/lawyer come in handy?

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
IP March 2015, PPR Sep 2015
Waslith said:
Hey Mauritian ppl! I was wondering from you guys experiences if its worth it to hire a consultant/lawyer for spousal sponsorship? Is it not a pretty straight forward process? When did the consultant/lawyer come in handy?
Hi. Are you from Mauritius?

It is a straight forward process though you have to gather the relevant evidences. I applied by myself and got PPR after nearly a year.

Those who have applied through an agent can give you their feedback.

Each case is different and is evaluated based on the evidences provided.

Waslith

Mar 2, 2013
Mauritius
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am but i live in montreal though. I saw a bunch of you guys used GMS, how are their services?

Zaara0804

Star Member
May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-15
AOR Received.
29-06-15
File Transfer...
31 07-15, AOR2 18-08-15
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-04-15
Passport Req..
Waslith said:
I am but i live in montreal though. I saw a bunch of you guys used GMS, how are their services?
Hello Waslith

I am in montreal too and i am using the services of GMS.

I decided to use an agent mainly because i had certain complications in my case. However, if yours is pretty simple, then i do not see the need to hire their service. Basically what they do is send you the forms to complete (which are readily available on the website of CIC) and they will check the documents before sending them off.

If you are pretty good in english and understand the different process for sponsorship, then its easier to do by yourself.

GMS has alse downsized its staff.. Some has been laid off and they recently moved to a smaller office. Just wanted to let you know :)

Waslith

Mar 2, 2013
Mauritius
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well basically the forms are pretty straight forward but the part im not sure about is what are they are looking for when they asked you to describe your relationship.

Zaara0804

Star Member
May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-15
AOR Received.
29-06-15
File Transfer...
31 07-15, AOR2 18-08-15
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-04-15
Passport Req..
Waslith said:
Well basically the forms are pretty straight forward but the part im not sure about is what are they are looking for when they asked you to describe your relationship.
You basically need to tell them like a story of how you met, things you did together, how the relationship progressed and marriage etc.

We filled out all the forms by ourselves. We even wrote a 2 page history ( a bit like a story from the first time we met till our wedding). When the forms were sent, they were exactly what we had written, which means that GMS did not add anything or request us to change anything :p Basically, we pretty much did everything in some way!

basketballfan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
SW Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
August 2013 ; September 2015
Passport Req..
November 2015
Waslith said:
We have a lawyer. The first time we sent our spousal application it was returned due to a missing document (that was my fault - a police record was stuck in mail and I sent it off anyways) so we wasted three months and it's taken about 20 months so far so we've invested 23 months with a lawyer.

I would say that our lawyer is very knowledgeable but I don't think that he cares too much about our case because it's not particularly complicated. He said that he felt that we had the capacity to apply on our own. I choose him because he secured a work permit and successfully handled an inland appeal case for my uncle. He was also the lawyer for my aunt and her husband. My husband (not married @ time) applied to visit me in Canada in 2011 and that application was rejected so I was generally skeptical of the process and wanted someone to beef up our application, which he did.

Waslith

Mar 2, 2013
Mauritius
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So right now we`re planning to do everything ourselves but before submitting if we`re not 100% confident about our application we will hire someone to look over the application and make any changes if necessary. By the way when I am submitting the application I should be physically presen in canada right? Its not like I can submit the application in January while Im still in Mauritius and then fly back to Canada in March?

mauritiusbride

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Waslith said:
So right now we`re planning to do everything ourselves but before submitting if we`re not 100% confident about our application we will hire someone to look over the application and make any changes if necessary. By the way when I am submitting the application I should be physically presen in canada right? Its not like I can submit the application in January while Im still in Mauritius and then fly back to Canada in March?
hi..if you are thinking of taking a consultant go for quartre bornes one..you got guarantee yr file wil b process in 6 to 8 months

Zaara0804

Star Member
May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-15
AOR Received.
29-06-15
File Transfer...
31 07-15, AOR2 18-08-15
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-04-15
Passport Req..
mauritiusbride said:
hi..if you are thinking of taking a consultant go for quartre bornes one..you got guarantee yr file wil b process in 6 to 8 months
Nobody can guarantee how much times its going to take to process your file. It all depends on CIC. Not the lawyer/agent. Atleast thats what i was told :(

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
Zaara0804 said:
Nobody can guarantee how much times its going to take to process your file. It all depends on CIC. Not the lawyer/agent. Atleast thats what i was told :(
Indeed each file is unique and is assessed based on the evidences provided.

Each case is different and so is the nature of the relationship.

Waslith

Mar 2, 2013
Mauritius
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The processing time depends solely on CIC. My question was can the application be submitted while the sponsor is temporarily not Canada?

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
Waslith said:
The processing time depends solely on CIC. My question was can the application be submitted while the sponsor is temporarily not Canada?
I guess you can but you have to show the intent to return to Canada once a decision has been made to the pr part.

P.S I just got a call to collect my passport today :D