+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications in accra

Abisola

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,everyone pls this is for d ppl who know a thing or two abt accra application time,i need someone who has got their imigration visa to tell me how long it took them and d steps
Thanks a bunch

new man

Jan 16, 2008
Hello my sister,

A am a Nigerian and applied in 2007 as well. the waiting time could be frustrating but if you have sumtin doing, it is worth while.

They have recently written me to confirm if am still interested in immigratin to Canada. I believed they want to start processing my form (laugh). you can get me on muriotun@yahoo.com to discuss better.

Abisola

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow soj,dat's 7 years of waiting!!how was d process and are u living in canada now?guess i ave to take my mind off it...

soj

Feb 23, 2007
abisola,the process was very slow,at a pt i actually wanted to pull out but God just made me go all the way to the end.i was in canada briefly but am now in naija to sort things out be4 moving finally.i guess u should just focus on whatever u are doing now x make money cos u will need some good cash.

justyzz

Oct 19, 2008
i am livng in london, UK. i would need a police certificate for my application from accra, ghana. has any of you experienced getting a police certificate in ghana? how long did it take and the costs?

Abisola

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soj,thanks a lot,i think i will just take my mind off it and live normally n make money!but i need too ask u how long did u stay in canasa for?cos i was told dat if u go d first time,u will ave to stay there 4 a year b4 u can move around.

KayCee2

Star Member
Jul 10, 2008
Hey 'Biola, not true. You will have to stay till you get your PR Card which takes about 4 weeks, last time I checked. That's what will allow you "move around". By move around, i assume you mean the ability to travel in and out of Canada.

On the other hand, if you have someone in Canada whose address you can use, you can have the PR Card sent there when it's ready, thus allowing you to leave sooner... The person will have to mail you your card so you can re-enter Canada....

.... but all this is information that you won't need for a while if you sent in your application within the past 2 yrs to the accra office (according to other people's time lines).

Good luck though!.... and like you said, just take your mind off of it and do fun things while you wait...

soj

Feb 23, 2007
abisola,i totally agree with kaycee,u just ve to make two years out of five years so as to be eligible for renewal of pr card.

Abisola

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank kaycee n soj,but soj,i don't know what u mean by 2 yrs out of 5 yrs,pls shed more light.
Thanks

soj

Feb 23, 2007
abisola,ur pr card will be issued for a period of five years,out which u must be physically present in canada for a period of two years.this is the requirement for renewal of ur pr card.cheers

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, you have to live in Canada at least a total of 730 days (2 years) in any 5 year period to keep your PR status. After you get your PR card, you can leave right away but as soon as you reach the mark of being outside Canada for total 3 years in the first 5 year period, your PR status is gone.

Abisola

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, but is it 2 yrs at a stretch or d total amount in 5 yrs at different times?