+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

ben24

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
11-01-2010
AOR Received.
13-08-2010
IELTS Request
WAIVED
File Transfer...
26-08-2010
Med's Request
19-09-2011
Med's Done....
25-09-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
10-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2012
LANDED..........
May 2012
abhi812 said:
I also got the same mail in october
I got this email million times..

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011

wsj78

Star Member
Jun 15, 2009
Twilight871,

Professional1 gave you the best advice i.e. not to let this opportunity slip away. Don't wait til the last minute. If you can afford, take a plane. It would be much better if your wife/family is with you. I was refused entry at the border when I tried landing alone. Next time I went with my family and it took only few minutes to process.

bing1027

Mar 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Could someone help me,

I have filed my application to buffalo last may 06, 2010 via Xpresspost and was delivered May12, 2010 to their office. Unitil now i havent received any email notification that they received my application. no file number yet. i tried several times to follow up through email but they told me they wouldn't able to track or check my application due to high volumes of application. i don't know what to do.

candiur

Jul 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-01-2010
Doc's Request.
MAR-26-2010 <B> Full Docs Sent MAY-20-2010
AOR Received.
OCT-12-2010
I am sure all the members in this forum would have read your post and coming up with a possible solutions. If I were you, I would take a copy of the email that you got from Buffalo saying that they cannot track it and then resend how many documents as possible immediately. This way I will get the Buffalo AXC code. During this time, I am trying to gather duplicates of all other documents. Once I am convinced that I have the rest of the documents will mail the same.

There are many cases like of yours and many I have seen in forums who have some how managed. The officers at the consulates are very considerate in situations like these. They can smell genuine vs fraud easily. So do not get stressed up. This is very common.

bing1027 said:
Could someone help me,

I have filed my application to buffalo last may 06, 2010 via Xpresspost and was delivered May12, 2010 to their office. Unitil now i havent received any email notification that they received my application. no file number yet. i tried several times to follow up through email but they told me they wouldn't able to track or check my application due to high volumes of application. i don't know what to do.

bing1027

Mar 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Candiur, so you mean ill send a copy of everything to buffalo? what about the application fee? do i have to pay it again.

This is the copy of email that they sent me:

Due to large volumes, we can't confirm receipt of your application prior to its creation.

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

Immigration Section

buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

anuM

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-02-2010
Doc's Request.
18-03-2010, full docs reached 20 may 2010
AOR Received.
08-10-2010, inprocess with rbvo details march 22, 2011
IELTS Request
done, sent with all docs
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
2 feb 2012
Med's Done....
14 feb 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 feb 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
april 8 2012
may i suggest waiting for end of march.. i just saw this on the buffalo website.. also it might ensure ur file goes into new GCMS system which is much faster than CAIPS ..

seniors, please advise: would bing1027`s application get considered according to new rules if he resends all docs to Buffalo ? considering file number hasnt been given yet to his application....

IMPORTANT NOTICE: We are installing a new computer system. As a result, applications submitted in March 2011 may take longer than usual to process. Our average processing times have been adjusted accordingly. Thank you for your understanding.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=3&menu=L

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi every one,

Seems March would be lucky for all of us who hv been wtng for almost a year. :)

Any1 has idea that if u apply for work permit extension,could it be issued beyond the expiry date of ur passport ? To be more precise as i am submitting the extension of my work permit via online application on CIC from inside of canada,Where i have to load the paspports and previous work permit copyies.Could it be possible that once i hv submitted my application with the current passport and later on when i get my renewed passport,i can upload it again their as additional document.

Advice would be appreciated.

S

PRwait

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
I had got the visa upto my Passport expiry date , later when i renewed it i got it extended.
Its better to get new passport and then apply.

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks PRwait.

S

PRwait said:
I had got the visa upto my Passport expiry date , later when i renewed it i got it extended.
Its better to get new passport and then apply.

bing1027

Mar 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone, with my case, quoted below, would you recommend me to seek assistance to a lawyer. Would that help my application to be process.

bing1027 said:
Could someone help me,

spatel09

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
xxxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bing1027 said:
hi to everyone,

I emailed the Buffalo visa office yesterday to follow-up my application, and i they replied this morning, this is their reply:

Your file is in a queue awaiting initial assessment. This could take up to 64 weeks from the date we received the application.

Immigration Section

buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.c

And they gave me a file number. Thus this mean i already have my 2nd AOR.
Hey Good

atleast you got your file no

Thats big relief for you

Good Luck for next stage...

bing1027

Mar 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi to everyone,

I emailed the Buffalo visa office yesterday to follow-up my application, and i they replied this morning, this is their reply:

Your file is in a queue awaiting initial assessment. This could take up to 64 weeks from the date we received the application.

Immigration Section

buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.c

And they gave me a file number. Does this mean i already have my 2nd AOR.

Purkoni

Feb 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
17-09-2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2011 to Seattle,WA
Med's Request
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
27-02-2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Simp said:
Hi every one,

Seems March would be lucky for all of us who hv been wtng for almost a year. :)

Any1 has idea that if u apply for work permit extension,could it be issued beyond the expiry date of ur passport ? To be more precise as i am submitting the extension of my work permit via online application on CIC from inside of canada,Where i have to load the paspports and previous work permit copyies.Could it be possible that once i hv submitted my application with the current passport and later on when i get my renewed passport,i can upload it again their as additional document.

Advice would be appreciated.

S

Take new passport if you dont want to pay double price for the same work permit.I did that mistake.They gave me work permit only for 4 month and after i renewed my passport I pay again 150$ for the rest-18 months.

It is beter to renew your passport earlier.

dream23

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2009
AOR Received.
1st: 19-12-2009(email), 2nd: 17-03-2010(email)
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
July 14,2010 to NYC
Med's Done....
Sep 22, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16, 2011
LANDED..........
June 30, 2012
anuM said:
may i suggest waiting for end of march.. i just saw this on the buffalo website.. also it might ensure ur file goes into new GCMS system which is much faster than CAIPS ..

seniors, please advise: would bing1027`s application get considered according to new rules if he resends all docs to Buffalo ? considering file number hasnt been given yet to his application....

IMPORTANT NOTICE: We are installing a new computer system. As a result, applications submitted in March 2011 may take longer than usual to process. Our average processing times have been adjusted accordingly. Thank you for your understanding.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=3&menu=L
Does it say on some official site that GCMS would be much faster than caips??i couldn't find any numbers....